Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
S38, that's what I figured, cause it didn't seem to bother him at all, the shuddering. I noticed the slots in my front rotors were solid pad residue after a couple sessions.
Mont Tremblant has to be one of the best tracks in the US - elevation changes, huge straights, 2.7 miles, perfectly smooth new surface, few walls and lots of runoff. Only a few cars were doing 125 on the straight, including the M5 and the fastest car, and RX7, which was faster than the M5. If you're ever in Montreal you gotta do it!

Originally posted by S38:
Chris,

He would have the same front brakes that I do. They sometimes leave a bit of pad residue on the rotor on the track which causes a bit of shuddering. I thought I had warped mine a couple of times but it goes a ways after a few weeks. There is still a tiny bit of shake but nothing to replace a $180 rotor over. We don't have many tracks out here where the average car (14-15 second 1/4 mile type cars) can get much over 120mph. On average your top speeds are more in the 110-115mph range.

Ducting is key and lots of the newer BMW's have it built in. You just have to open it.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Life sucks, too many choices. Anyway, this discussion is good to take my mind off the horror.

Originally posted by Albertezza:
If you want to track the car, there is no question the M3 is the best choice. I've got both the IS300 and a '93 325is. Even if the IS300 can match the speed and handling of a 330Ci, it's going to be much more demanding of the driver. The balance, steering, feedback, and responsiveness of the IS is not as good as the BMW. And as BMW's go, it's a tick higher in the E36 M3 over a 330Ci, as the E46 feels a lot less 'raw' than the E36. However, there is no doubt that the IS beats the BMW in build quality and amenities.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts