Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS 300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 02 is300 with just over 160k on it. I was hearing a terrible screeching noise and took a look to see that my crankshaft pulley has split and was moving around when the a/c was on. I was looking on other forum posts and people were saying to only go oem because of the size and weighting and stuff. All the genuine Toyota parts are $300+ but I’ve been seeing them for around 60-100 just like this 2002 Lexus IS300 Harmonic Balancer is this a viable option or should I stick with oem. Thanks

·
4,742 Posts
So I have an 02 is300 with just over 160k on it. I was hearing a terrible screeching noise and took a look to see that my crankshaft pulley has split and was moving around when the a/c was on. I was looking on other forum posts and people were saying to only go oem because of the size and weighting and stuff. All the genuine Toyota parts are $300+ but I’ve been seeing them for around 60-100 just like this 2002 Lexus IS300 Harmonic Balancer is this a viable option or should I stick with oem. Thanks
I use fluidampr. Have never had an issue with any car installed on.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS 300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use fluidampr. Have never had an issue with any car installed on.
I would, but ive noticed those are pretty pricy and i just need it fixed and up and running you know? thanks for the response anyways!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts