Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance at a '02 5spd with ONLY 8500 miles. I have been calling around and have found no bad info from the dealer about this particular car. I have not run the CARFAX as yet.

Ok the bad things I do know about the car, it has a body kit installed that my 13 year old could have installed better, the 4 shock air ride kit drains the battery, there is a HUGE wing on the trunk, the front fenders have slight damage in the arc from the tires hitting the edges. The outside is a 8 while the inside (from what I have seen) is a 10. The dealer wants $21,900, book is $24k+ and I think I can get a lower price.

I will be driving the car today and wanted to see what do you guys think??

·
Registered
73 Posts
That sounds like a horror story waiting to happen. Who knows what else is wrong with the car besides all those things. IMO I would find a decent one.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wouldn't be that hard to fix back to stock, but not for that price. Maybe $18K max.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Well, did you get a chance to test drive the car and what did you think?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
you forgot one headlight has a crack in it, the engine cover is painted a hideous silver, and those WHACK ass tail light covers. Whoever was the original owner of this car needs to be shot.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
8500 miles is suhweet though. thats super low. it might be worth it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sold mine, Red/black 2002 18K 5-speed LOADED for $21,500, MINT with no mods other than exhaust. About 6 Months ago. you can find one for $18-19K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts