Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Been reading the threads for years but never joined. Thought about buying a Lexus IS since the first time I saw one back in 01 when I was 19. Kids and life happened and last year I finally found one that was exactly what I was looking for. Clean title, a/c, manual was my only specifications. Just rolled over the 200k mark. Looking forward to learning and building this unicorn to its full potential and much more or until the the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That sounds like a nice car. It's hard to find clean manuals these days. I've always been a fan of the style of the is300's too and bought my first one recently as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry took so long to respond. Paid almost 5 for it and was told the previous owner worked for Lexus. I believe he swept floors for Lexus cuz it wasn't taken care of mechanically.. The engine runs great but I've put A lot into it since owning it. The list is as long as my arm..lol I'm learning alot from replacing parts and enjoying every minute of it. I look out my window and stare at it sometimes.. lmao Here are some pics since I got her. To now..

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he actually may have tried to drift the car stock.. he put headers on it, straight piped it with an injen intake and lowering springs.. that was it tho.. I found plastic bags ziptied around the rear axles to hold the grease in.. smh.. since been fixed. He also said the belt tensioner was bad with a noise that was coming from the front.. offered a new one and I replaced it with it immediately to find out it was the AC compressor.. fixed that too..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts