Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The North American auto show preview talks about the Lexus 2002 IS 300 SportCross—"a five-door, wagon-like vehicle that, Lexus officials assure us, retains the flavor of the IS 300 sport sedan."

Any chance this sucker will be offered in AWD?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the take from someone on another board - I hope he's wrong about the AWD ....

Stallion

IS300 Derivatives
Wed Jan 3 09:34:46 2001

There are plans to make a 2 door and a wagon model of the IS300, to stay competitive with the BMW 3-series. If you need AWD, look at the RX300. THe 2jz motor is practically shoe-horned in. In Japan and Europe, they get a 2.0L 3s-ge (I4) or 1g-fe (I6) motor, so have have room in front for the front driveaxles.

tan

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea I think I have read something about IS300 sportcross somewhere today morning but I forgot where I read it. Anyway, the wagon version of IS300 would probably be debuted in the North American International Auto Show. In fact, there are a lot of new cars or concept cars are going to debut in either LA auto show or the Detroit one. Acura has RSX, RL, TL-Type S. Infiniti has XVL. Mazda has RX-Evol Concept. Toyota has Will or Matrix and Highlander. Lexus has SC430 and probably IS300 sportcross wagon. Nissan has the new Z sport car. Don't know about Mitsubishi and Subaru. Isuzu should show its new Axiom also. Wow lots of news within the next two weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts