Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
8,880 Posts
Did anyone else notice blacked-out tail lights in the brouchure?

·
Registered
349 Posts
The wheels look different too!!! Must be the 16's...

Leather-wrapped shift knob!!! yeay!!!

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Gennady ]

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I saw these at the auto show they had different front bumpers. I'm glad they didn't change them. I like the rear bumper on the Sport Cross.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Awesome info!! Thanks a lot!

Did anybody notice the new chrome trim around the grill? (I assume that’s what they meant by the “new” grill).. I like it. It makes the car a little bit more sophisticated… It distinguishes it from the protégé rip-off.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The '02 Altezza has black backgrounds for the taillights on the dark-colored exteriors, while the the light-colored exteriors retain the chrome background...

...so naturally, the IS300 will follow suit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take a look at the 2001 Is 300 and you will see chrome trim around the grill. I think that the red makes the chrome stand out

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Originally posted by Gennady:
Awesome info!! Thanks a lot!

Did anybody notice the new chrome trim around the grill? (I assume that’s what they meant by the “new” grill).. I like it. It makes the car a little bit more sophisticated… It distinguishes it from the protégé rip-off.
I think that chrome is on the 01 models too though. Check through some of the pics on the .net gallery. There's a shot of a black one that has it.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
My 01' SBM has the chrome around the grill as well, I think LexusGuru is correct that the brighter RED color helps it stand out.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
actually fellas the grill on the 2002 model is black instead of grey like ours, That is what indeed makes the chrome stand out more

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed another new option for 2002 listed on that page too --> Vehicle Skid Control -- what's new info to me is that they are offering it to the AUTOMATICS (at least according to that page). In fact, after listing VSC, it says after it in parentheses "automatic transmission only."

Too bad the one option I'd like on my automatic, the "leather wrapped shift knob," is stated to be ONLY available for "manual transmission only"
If anyone knows where you could get a similar black leather cover for the shift knob, please let me and the others know --> my direct email: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Judging by the looks of the leather knob for the automatic (as seen in the Altezza interior pics), it appears to be the same as the ones found on the GS and LS sedans (sans wood trim). You could probably find a black one at the dealer to see if it fits. If not, I'm pretty sure you can get it somehow online.

Originally posted by ExBenzBoi:

Too bad the one option I'd like on my automatic, the "leather wrapped shift knob," is stated to be ONLY available for "manual transmission only"
If anyone knows where you could get a similar black leather cover for the shift knob, please let me and the others know --> my direct email: [email protected]
[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: JW ]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
19 Participants
JW
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing