Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this one at ClubLexus but have seen the same questions here so I thought I would crosspost.

You can see the planned improvements and a new model for the 2002 IS @ http://www.insidelexus.com/vol4/is300/index.shtml.

The overview is:
5 speed manual
VSC (Vehicle Skid Control) optional with
automatic
Torsen will still be available
New color called "Absolutely Red"
Subtle Grille changes
Solid leather seating option (in addition to
the Ecsaine and cloth)
New armrest (thank god!)
Texturing to the instrument panel (probably in response to the Car and Driver article
that said it was too plain and the plastic
looked cheap)
DVD nav system
Side curtain airbags (this will compete
directly with the BMW HRS-head restraint
system) taking the number of bags to 3
side, curtain and front)

There is also a new model, sportcross. They have a picture of it at the site.

Looks like they read all the reviews and reacted accordingly directly addressing the shortcomings of the model sighted by both Consumer Reports and Car and Driver. The only thing I didn't see them addressing was the soft-paint issues I see alot about. Don't know if this is just gripes or a real problem.

Might be worth waiting until August for the 2002 model, I know I am! Let me know what you think!!

.../aust182

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Your link has an extra dot at the end. Is that pic of the Sportcross the new blue???

Originally posted by aust182:
I posted this one at ClubLexus but have seen the same questions here so I thought I would crosspost.

You can see the planned improvements and a new model for the 2002 IS @ http://www.insidelexus.com/vol4/is300/index.shtml.

The overview is:
5 speed manual
VSC (Vehicle Skid Control) optional with
automatic
Torsen will still be available
New color called "Absolutely Red"
Subtle Grille changes
Solid leather seating option (in addition to
the Ecsaine and cloth)
New armrest (thank god!)
Texturing to the instrument panel (probably in response to the Car and Driver article
that said it was too plain and the plastic
looked cheap)
DVD nav system
Side curtain airbags (this will compete
directly with the BMW HRS-head restraint
system) taking the number of bags to 3
side, curtain and front)

There is also a new model, sportcross. They have a picture of it at the site.

Looks like they read all the reviews and reacted accordingly directly addressing the shortcomings of the model sighted by both Consumer Reports and Car and Driver. The only thing I didn't see them addressing was the soft-paint issues I see alot about. Don't know if this is just gripes or a real problem.

Might be worth waiting until August for the 2002 model, I know I am! Let me know what you think!!

.../aust182

1 - 2 of 2 Posts