Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Busybeetoys.com is _NOT_ a good source for accurate information. The pictures and news they present (as rumors) may not reflect reality.

With that said - Subaru is changing the Impreza 2.5RS (and new USA Turbo Impreza WRX) to be only sedans (4 doors).

So - Coupe lovers can buy a 220hp Integra, and Sedan lovers can buy a 220hp Impreza WRX

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited July 16, 2000).]

·
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
Busybeetoys.com is _NOT_ a good source for accurate information...
really? i like the pictures and "info" they have on the site, its the only one i found on the net that has this kind of info (i kno there has to be better, more reliable sites but i guess im not looking hard enough) i dint know about the 4000GT (toyota) and all that until i stumbled onto busybee and other sites that are more reliable out there?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well the 4000 GT Toyota was in the Car and driver magazine back in early '99 with an article of the new 300Z. the pictures you see on that website are all altered if you are good at looking at the pictures you will see the rendering and the shading is not even and correct. They are all just ideals from the webmaster.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I agree that Busybee Toys should be viewed with suspicion; I've heard from a lot of people that Busybee Toys is *very* unreliable. Most of the pics there are "artist conceptions."

·
Registered
654 Posts
Umm...off topic and perhaps...heretic (?,) but does anybody know about the release of the Skyline in America? (probably under Infiniti?)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Actually, the Skyline is already in America, but not by Nissan or Infiniti. I don't know if you are already aware of this, but a company called MotoRex imports Skylines to the U.S. Expect to pay $80k though and make sure you can live with RHD. They are all emissions-legal and crash-tested.

More info here: http://www.skylinegtr.com
(at the time of posting, the URL wasn't working for me).

I'd love to have a blue Skyline GT-R...

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think busybee gets its pictures and (dubious) info from various Japanese magazines, cause I've seen them elsewhere. But VTEC.NET which is pretty accurate says the next integra is coupe only and 220hp. Busybee is very entertaining at least.
TEG, where'd you get the Impreza information? I hope that's true that we get a turbo RS sedan, that could be my next car, but we never get the cool stuff in the US, so I'm very skeptical. We DID get the IS - so maybe things are changing.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Subaru has basically confirmed (in press releases) that a Turbo Impreza will be here next year. It will probably be in a new body style that is a bit wider than the current model. They say it will be based on the current Legacy chassis rather than the old Impreza chassis. Speculation is that it will be about 220hp (like the European Impreza GT model).

You can learn more here: http://www.new-impreza.com/

"FHI Adds Power to Boost Subaru Sales in North America (Update2)
Bloomberg News
Feb 7 2000 1:28AM ET

FHI Adds Power to Boost Subaru Sales in North America (Update2)

Tokyo, Feb. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., the maker of Subaru cars and trucks, hopes new models sporting more powerful
engines will mean higher sales in the North American market, which buys about 90 percent of the cars it sells abroad.

The company, an affiliate of General Motors Corp., will release a 6-cylinder Legacy Outback sport-utility with a 3-liter, horizontally opposed
engine, and 2-liter, turbo Impreza sedans and coupes that meet strict new U.S. emissions regulations, Fuji Heavy Senior Vice
President Hideo Wada said in an interview. "

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing