Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was looking on the new 2002 page for the IS on the Lexus site, and I was wondering if anyone knew if the new models are coming with the smoked out headlights and tailights like they have in Japan? It is really hard to make out with the pictures they have posted, but it looks like the headlights and tailights are different than the current models.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I don't think the headlights will be different, but I'm hoping that the 2002 IS300 will have the black-colored surround/housing for the taillights on the dark colors.

Too bad we don't get a gauge cluster like this (tach in the middle and trip computer):

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JW. Those pics are really nice. I sure hope they send those black housing lights over.

As for the instrument cluster...Is that an acutal pic or an artist rendition? What I wouldn't do to get my hands on one of those.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
that instrument cluster is actually one like Modellista in Japan. you may want to ask shin kai if he can get one for you if he can. im not sure on the price or if it even fits the US IS3.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I saw a similar instrument panel in the TRD catalog (in Japanese), at my local dealer. I doubt that panel would work for the US IS300... Notice the redline on tach is 8,000 rpm
Ours is only 6.5k if I’m not mistaken… That must be the 4 cylinder or something…

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
You are correct...the Altezza RS200 is powered by the 3S-GE Dual VVT-i (2.0L, 210 hp).

Originally posted by Gennady:
Notice the redline on tach is 8,000 rpm
Ours is only 6.5k if I’m not mistaken… That must be the 4 cylinder or something…

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can get those gauges for our car. They come from TRD i think, they were in either Sport Compact Car or Super Street a few months back. I called about it and they are special order, like the sways, and is about $980. Only prob is that its in Kilos not miles, the redline is for the altezza, which shouldn't really matter, and we may jnot be able to use e-shift, or at least see the numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
efan4511
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing