Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Strongly considering the 2002 IS300 stick after having test driven TL's, A4, C320, etc.

Well, went to Longo Lexus today to see the new 2002 model and they had 2 silver cars (auto, 5speed) sitting on the showroom floor. No test drive possible. The only way I could actually drive one was to buy it, or so the salesman told me. They would be getting more in the subsequent weeks so test drives would be possible on those cars.

In any case, I definitely liked the chrome trim around the speakers as they do add a touch of class to the car. The dash looks nicer, but I never did have a problem with the old interior. Definitely will be leaning towards full leather though, as it seems to be really soft and I happen to like the perforated look. The DVD navigation setup seemed really slick and well executed. I got to play with the controls and they seemed intuitive (the non-touch screen is a plus for me since it saves problems with finger smudges on the screen).

Only two negative points about this car. Although the arm rest is nice, there seems to be only one cup holder spot (is this the case for 2001's as well?) There didn't seem to be much room for a big drink there with the arm rest so close. Finally, the stick shift itself is WAY too long. There were some pictures floating around of the stick shift (one short and one long version). It definitely is the length of the long version. Looks out of place IMO, but it feels ok when you're reaching for it with your arm on the armrest. The throw length of the shift (while the car wasn't on) seemed average, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually drive the thing.

Wow, a long post for my first one. Sorry to ramble, but just wanted to get people's thoughts on this car. So far, it seems to be the best candidate for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
jasono31 who did you speak to i thought you were on the waiting list i got it 32,600.
plus no nav. but planning to go trd suspesion on it go to gledale they have a red one and it looks great and the rear tail lights are blacked out instead of the chrome and the grill is black not silver and has less holes in it and are bigger.

·
Registered
180 Posts
hey g force, i am on the waiting list but i changed my mind to a blue manual fully loaded w/ nav and everything cept the heated seats so i didn't pick up the silver they had there ... plus their price was outrageous...how much did u bargain it down so that i can have some sort of idea of how low theyre willing to go...thanks
jason
ps my guy is david klein

1 - 4 of 4 Posts