Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search first, so if it's been posted then the search did not find it, anyway what do you think?
2002 ES300

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the front end makes up for the plain jane rear. Looks like Lexus (Toyota) is moving in a very sleek streamlined look. I would've thought the ES being a luxury family sedan might be a little bit more conservative, I guess that might explain why the did not change anything with the engine. Maybe the '03 will have more HP, this ES is 66 pounds heavier, weird, not the normal overhaul for a model.

I really want to see the next GS, that will be the most incredible thing out there. I hope.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Hmm...I still like the current ES300 a little better, but I'll reserve definite judgment after I see the 2002 ES300 in person.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the way the NEW ES looks. It reminds me of a baby LS 430. I think Lexus is imitating what Mercedes did. Notice the similarities in the C-class and S-Class? hehe..But it's all good. The new ES looks sharp in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My take on it is....The front....A LS 430 front look that resembles the LS and a Futuristic S class mixed together.....and the Rear...O MY GOD !!! How do you guys not see the E320/E430 Benz in that rear...It's almost a direct copy as far as the taillights go....Anyway I think it's a real positive change, I like it....Dan

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks like an Asian's version Toyota Corolla Altis to me... I'll find the pict and compare.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
For the lazy...

Corolla Altis (this looks much better than the Corolla in the U.S.):

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: JW ]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
As you can see, the taillights of the new ES300 are similar to the taillights of the Corolla Altis, but they aren't exact copies.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, similar. I do not recall ever seeing this Altis before, geez maybe if they sold that here people would not think about the Corolla the same way. I think the Altis looks like a nice car, Toyota needs to sell that here too. I hope I become a millionaire one day, I'm going to be the only guy in town driving really cool cars no one has ever seen before. .30 co drag efficient, that sound pretty close to our numbers. I wonder if the drag on the new ES is better from the previous model, I would have to say so just look at it aerodynamicaly it seems sleeker in design, what your guess?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did anyone go to the Corolla Altis link for the Taiwan page? Wow, the interior of that car is more or less a Lexus. Hmm, a G20/RSX fighter in the 20k range?

UPDATE: Nevermind, rear beam suspension? ugh, where did they pull that from, a Maxima or something...

dr1ft3r

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: dr1ft3r ]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
And people think rear MacPherson struts are bad!

Originally posted by dr1ft3r:

UPDATE: Nevermind, rear beam suspension? ugh, where did they pull that from, a Maxima or something...

dr1ft3r

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: dr1ft3r ]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts