Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its kinda early to ask but...Anyone know when the 2002 model will start showing up in the showrooms?

·
Registered
9 Posts
im waiting for the 02'..because of the manual tranny...if anyone knows when they will be availible please share...thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is the second time I have seen someone suggest that the '02 models will be available mid summer. Typical release date for follow-on models are usually Sep/Oct/Nov. Has there been some indication from Lexus that they will be out that early. I hope not - as long as I don't have the option of a manual trans I can live with the auto - the longer I can tell myself that, the longer I have to save up the cash for the trade.

Terry

·
Registered
511 Posts
That justs buys me time so save up more $$ when I trade the IS in for Xmas
They I'll be like that dumb IS guy in the lexus commercials

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there any other confirmed upgrades/options on the car or do we have to wait until the 13th to find out?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Let's just wait and be surprised? Im sure nothing major gonna change except 5spd for sure. I dont think anything else unless they do a Nav system. (but Im not holding my breath) I will be patient

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, typically the end of the Model Year for most car makers is in the Sept-Oct. timeframe, but there are exceptions.

The IS debuted in the May - June timeframe last year (if my memory serves correct).

THe next 02' SC430 will begin availibility in late march, early april (according to Lexus and my dealership).

I would garner that the IS repeat its MY turnover history in June, or release a 2001.5 version (as a lot of automakers have done) to holdover till MY02.

Originally posted by TSoich:
This is the second time I have seen someone suggest that the '02 models will be available mid summer. Typical release date for follow-on models are usually Sep/Oct/Nov. Has there been some indication from Lexus that they will be out that early. I hope not - as long as I don't have the option of a manual trans I can live with the auto - the longer I can tell myself that, the longer I have to save up the cash for the trade.

Terry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts