Lexus IS Forum banner

2002 Audi A4 *PICS*!!!

896 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  lyndon_h 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Here are pictures of the new 2002 Audi A4! I think that it looks okay, but not all that great. It looks like they took the wheels right off of the Lexus IS300. It looks like an Audi A8 in the front, the middle looks like an Audi A6, and the back looks like an Audi TT. I am not sure how well this car will do, lets see: New Audi A4, New BMW 330i, New Mercedes C320, or New Volvo S60 T5? I think that I will take the Volvo S60 T5, what a tough crowd!

Front Left Side 2002 Audi A4

Right Back Side 2002 Audi A4

Left Back Side 2002 Audi A4

-Ian

#3 ·
I like that new design. It needed a freshening and I think it's acceptable. What I want to know is how the new car performs. I posted a link earlier showing the horsepower was bumped up from 190 to 225. I especially like the visible dual exhausts on either side of the car...
Eric....

#12 ·
I definately prefer the IS300 styling, although Audi has done a nice job of making the new A4 have a "clean" design which is clearly an Audi.

I can't stand the fact that they continue to use a 90 degree V6 (with Balancer Shaft). Why can't they make a properly balanced 60 degree V6??? The inline 6 in BMW/Lexus definately has an advantage in smoothness.

Also - Audi designes for front _OR_ all-wheel drive in the same chassis, so even the AWD versions (including S4) have the engine stuck too far forwards (so that the front wheel drive models have as much drive wheel traction as possible).

#15 ·
Damn that thing's ugly. I hate the new A6, and this seems like a smaller version of it.
Too bland and bubbly (with edges).
I think the current A4 is still better than this one.
I wonder how it'll do in the US market - there's a lot of competition, especially with the new Volvo S60 coming out.
I'll stick to my beloved IS300...like the Lexus styling much better.

Good luck selling that thing Audi.

black/ivory
17"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.