Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I add the navigation system to a 2001 used IS300. And if so about how much would that set me back? And what all does the nav. system do (other then tell you how to get from point a to point b) Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
You CAN add nav, but your better off just adding an aftermarket Video head that has nav... for price and frustration consideration.

As far as what it does.....
Tells you Where you ARE and if you know the address, How to GET where you're Going.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Niiiice, what system is that and is that a custom mount for it if not where can I get one. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
so eight8toy in-trunk cd changer ? Looks nice though..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Usually on those units, the screen slides down and pushes out to reveal the cd/dvd inserts.

This is an Eclipse unit:

·
Registered
506 Posts
TeckniX said:
so eight8toy in-trunk cd changer ? Looks nice though..
thanks, it is an eclipse avn 5435...like that pic shows, the screen folds down and dvd and cd slot are behind... i don't have a cd changer because i use my iriver mp3 player instead.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
eight8toy, how much that whole setup run you? did you just custom cut an aftermarket dash kit? and how is the visability since it sits down there? I've been looking to do this for a long time

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
eight8toy said:
thanks, it is an eclipse avn 5435...like that pic shows, the screen folds down and dvd and cd slot are behind... i don't have a cd changer because i use my iriver mp3 player instead.
that is a nice setup. how much for the whole dvd and the mp3 player setup?

·
Registered
506 Posts
i got it for 1700 installed as for the mp3 player, i currently just use an fm modulator but i can hook it directly into the deck but i'm fine with the radio signal for now

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
eight8toy said:
i got it for 1700 installed as for the mp3 player, i currently just use an fm modulator but i can hook it directly into the deck but i'm fine with the radio signal for now
thanks for the info. is there a big different btw the sound qulity (radio vs. hardwire)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts