Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting pretty frustrated as to what i should do to my IS next..... as you have probably already realized, i have a 2001 e-shift IS300, which is the root of my frustrations..... its an auto..... and autos dont fare very well with forced induction.... IMO anyway..... so im stuck with this dilemna: " how will i build an auto IS300 that can compete with E46 M3`s ? that means doing a 4.0 second 0-60 and a 13.0 second standing quarter mile.... i am trying to stay away from any forced induction if possible, regardless of the fact that it actually offers the most bang for the buck etc... etc.....

so what i have gathered thus far is a vague plan to install the following parts....

-Toyomoto 2-piece headers
-some kind of exhuast, preferably Carbon-Ti Hiper
-APEX'i S-AFC
-LSD
-HKS Cam gear
-UR pulleys

there is no way in hell that these parts will get me anywhere near the 13.0 second quarter mile...... are there any other N/A mods out there ? or am i looking at a tranny swap and turbo kit ????

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
You could do that bro, but it would cost alot more than any turbo kit. This has been brought up before, search and you will find alot of information on it :wink:

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
ok genius, there is nothing wrong with the automatic tranny to get u a 13.0 second 1/4 mile time if thats all you are looking for. A toyomoto kit will easily get u that.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Yeah...what the hell are you talking about. :roll: Those pathetic-ass mods won't even get you into the 14's probably! :lol:

Ever heard of Freelance(M Killer)...he had an automatic. A reinforced auto tranny by Toyomoto has proven it can do 12.5 second 1/4 miles.
ISman(& I'm sure a few other SRT guys) has an upgraded tranny from SRT and that will probably stand the test of time too.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
why set your sights soooo lowly (the E46 :D )

you can go that fast on the stock auto, or you could turbocharge/supercharge it and swap in a trans, but you are looking at at least 10 grand for the combo, how much do you have to spend?

-gte

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Wouldn't it be more like $20,000 swapping trans from an auto and adding a kit?

Has anyone made a recent breakthrough from auto to manual swapping?

IS300GTE said:

you can go that fast on the stock auto, or you could turbocharge/supercharge it and swap in a trans, but you are looking at at least 10 grand for the combo, how much do you have to spend?

-gte

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ahhh, i don't know, i was considering selling copies of my driveshaft, to make things easier for those that wanted to do so though, what do y'all think?

Modless_IS_=( said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I think if you did that you would be making one huge leap for the likes of IS300kind :)

In fact I would be the first to nominate a "saint" prefix to your username.

Saint GTE the merciful.

IS300GTE said:
ahhh, i don't know, i was considering selling copies of my driveshaft, to make things easier for those that wanted to do so though, what do y'all think?

Modless_IS_=( said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ps - Don't forget, Demon and I are working to provide those JDM 2jz-gte / getrag / ecu / harness packages for cheaper as well... maybe we could be brothers in arms and offer the community a Modless_Demon_IS300GTE steriod upgrade (blitzkreig_s4 killa) package :)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
well than gather up some buyers, so that it looks worth my while

Modless_IS_=( said:
I think if you did that you would be making one huge leap for the likes of IS300kind :)

Saint GTE the merciful.

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
IF this combo only ends up costing me $10K you got one notch filled... :D

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

Saint GTE the merciful.

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Although it's not finalized, I believe we were looking at around $6,500.00 shipped for this stuff... if that is not feasable then at most I'm thinking $7,000.00... I am not sure what GTE will be willing to sell his mold for I would guess it would be well under $3,000.00

CarbonIS300 said:

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

Saint GTE the merciful.

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
And that is for what exactly an Adaptor kit and computer for a 2JZGTE?

Modless_IS_=( said:
Although it's not finalized, I believe we were looking at around $6,500.00 shipped for this stuff... if that is not feasable then at most I'm thinking $7,000.00... I am not sure what GTE will be willing to sell his mold for I would guess it would be well under $3,000.00

CarbonIS300 said:

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

Saint GTE the merciful.

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Are you talking about GTE's end? The price I'm quoting is for 30,000ish mileish JDM engine / trans / ecu / harness... sorry if I am being stupid but just want to make sure I was not unclear from before. I will have to double check on the year of the engine but from what I have heard these are all compression tested and in the 30,000 mile range.

GTE's end I cannot speak for... I am just a sales / markting meat. :)

Hope this cleared it up... sorry if there is redundancy.

CarbonIS300 said:
And that is for what exactly an Adaptor kit and computer for a 2JZGTE?

Modless_IS_=( said:

CarbonIS300 said:

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

Saint GTE the merciful.

IS300GTE said:

Modless_IS_=( said:

IS300GTE said:

-gte

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
Modless_IS_=(
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing