Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Recently weve been having some bad rain. Next thing i notice, the drivers side mat is wet. I did some research and found that its probably the sunroof drain. I have an air compressor and want to unclog it, but I cant seem to find where the drain is located at the sunroof?

Can anyone help with that? I dont want mold or mildew

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide

·
Registered
124 Posts
My buddy had an 01 that had the same problem. I believe when he opened the sunroof there was a drain hole near the front that would lead down the a pillar. There is also a drain towards the back that is connected to clear tubes which run to the far right and left rear of the car.

·
Registered
188 Posts
there should be 4 drains, 1 on each corner of the sunroof

·
Registered
77 Posts
a little revival lol did you blow out the four drains or stick a wire down to unclog? I get the wet floor mat and A pillar too

·
Registered
64 Posts
Be careful when using compressed air through the drains, may blow the drains/clamps off.

Correct tho there is 4 one on each corner, and drains to the ground, usually by fender. Simple to pop down the a-pillar, possibly more and shoot air through there. Will also be able to check if the drain is hooked up still

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and had a general question.

I have a 2002 IS 200 and was wondering whether the parts are interchangeable with the IS300. I need a window motor and a power steering pump.

·
Registered
772 Posts
So i've been experiencing this problem for a while now. The passenger side A pillar leaks/drips water when it rains. A shop quoted me $225 for labor to take the whole roof apart but I didn't think it would require all that work from reading these responses

·
Registered
77 Posts
The tube probably came off. Take off the a pillar cover and pull back the roof liner. Should be a plastic fitting and hose. Slide the hose back on. Done in less then 30 mins start to finish

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pull the kick panels in the front floor boards. Look for where the drain hose enters the rocker panel. Pull it up to you and back flush with compressed air. Pull the trunk liner up and find where the drains exit the bottom of the quarter panels. Back flush them the same as the fronts. Flushing from the top rarely works and often makes the clog worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently purchased IS300 (2001) and same problem - water in front foot wells and damp around A pillar. And an intermittent alarm too (see other thread on alarms) Thanks for the thread above which was very helpful.
We took the A pillar covers off and all seemed good there apart from being damp so dried them out, but problem was revealed when turned back the headlining - the plastic tubes to both front drain holes were off and actually appeared to be too short to make a good seal again by just pushing them on.
Bought a short length of 12mm clear tube from DIY store. Shortened the old pipe slightly then joined them up with the new pipe and a jubilee clip, together with a small amount of silicone just to be sure!
All done now and carpets dried out too so hopefully all good now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts