Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post ever beside the introduction.

Speedometer don't work and the MPG needle doesn't move.

Assuming trac control is flashing, solid abs light and solid brake light turn on.

About 2 years or so, I lost my key. Bought a new ecu and the key it self. The car turns on, drives, and shifts as it should

Check to AutoZone has code : key doesn't matched / communicate or something.

AND code for right wheel speed sensor code.

My question is has anyone change ECU / ECM / Computer and experience a malfunction speedometer?

I also have removed the right speed sensor and had it clean, the problem still occurred, though AutoZone said there's no code for it this second time.

Is there a proper procedure to clean the speed sensor? What I've did was using a dish rag, didn't clean the magnetic part well, but its pretty clean to begin with aside from metal shaving.

I also came across with a thread from other sites saying the malfunction caused by rusty axle.

3 probability:

Replacement ECU need to be programmed to speedometer

Improper cleaning of speed sensor

Or axle will need to be replace or it doesn't even related to the problem at all ?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
AND code for right wheel speed sensor code.
Speed pulses come directly off the ABS/Trac ECU unit and go right to the speedometer. If the ABS doesn't work then you'll probably not have a working speedo.

If the ABS/TRAC lights are on then you probably have a something wrong with the ABS. I'd guess that's what you need to fix.

There are procedures in the manual to trouble-shoot the ABS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Car had the same exact problem, I took the car to lexus for a diagnosis, it turns out the Car has 4 wheel speed sensors, The sensor in my front driver side wheel was broken causing the same issue, Definitely Must be a speed sensor, I would take a look at them. even if one wheel sensor goes bad it disables the other three wheel sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THank you for replying.

How do we trouble shoot the ABS? ( I dont have manual guide..)

Also lextacyis01, I know what you mean, would you suggest to clean the other 3 as well?

·
Registered
25 Posts
you can if you want to, i mean it would't hurt, where i live up in the northeast our cars really take a beating during the winter with all the snow and salt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts