Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey..new here....im looking to buy a used car...im a student from toronto....and i realy want a 2001 IS300!!!

But im worried about gas..can you guys tell me how the gas is on the IS?

like how much would it cost to fill up a tank,..and how much u can drive on it...

Any canadian numbers wud be better...thanksss

·
BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
If you realy want the car why worry about gas

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well welcome to the site and hope you get the IS.

Gas, it depends what you have done with it I guess but OEM gets around 17-20 MPG give or take and if you upgrade your engine the numbers change.

As far as Gas Prices, well I live in Miami, Florida and the Premium is average $3.89/Gallon so it around $48- $55.00 US .

Other may have different figures due to modifications and location so you got figure that out on yo own.

Good luck and Buy an IS ITs well worth it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i get like 15 mpg haha. and it's about 63 dollars right now to fill my tank. i live in southwest florida though. buy an IS anyway lol

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Yeah, 'IS300' and 'good gas mileage' don't go in the same sentence.

·
Registered
164 Posts
rad thats what i have an 01 white IS and i agree if you really want the car then get it its worth it. I pay about 56 buck a tank but sooner or later im gonna be paying that much no matter what car you get

·
BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
cuz im a smart buyer...not some loaded kid who will throw money away..
people like u define america - lol...
I'm not American, also you said "i realy want a 2001 IS300!!!"

If you were a smart buyer you would be looking for a new low on fuel
hybrid car:p

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
uh oh, I'm having déjà vu

·
Registered
730 Posts
slow down OP.
If you are worrying about gas, just don't buy IS.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Whoa Nelli!

"Define America?"

You gotta be kidding. I'm usually happy to defend someone that gets flamed for no reason, and I'm always ready to help the new guy when most usually get "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!" You don't know how lucky you were that a couple of people chose to indulge you.

AND

You might want to take it easy insulting people that have been on the forums, know and own the car, and potentially will be answering your questions in the future!

An easy way to find the answer to your questions is read a few reviews on the car and find the EPA rating for mpg or just search the forums. Find out the size of the car's gas tank. Then take the price of gas times the number of gallons and you've got your fill up costs. Next, to find actual mpg, buy the car, or find a buddy, set the odometer to zero, drive a couple hundred miles and fill up. Divide the miles traveled by the number of gallons it takes to fill up and there's your actual mpg.

FYI - I get 17-20 mpg mixed driving on 7.5 x 18 wheels and z-rated micheln tires. I used to get 25. I don't know the reason for the change, maybe several factors. If you're looking for performance, economy, and mpg, go for a Civic si. (if you can stand FWD - I can't)

Reactions: IS_RICAN

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts