Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i'm new to the forum, and would like some advice.

i'm about to buy a 2001 IS300 for $14,000 ($17,000 Cdn). however its got quite high miles, around 108,000 (170,000km)

there's been no accidents. fair price?

i know lexus is made by toyota so i figure they last awhile, but i'm still worried about the high mileage

any advice would be great

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
thelobster said:
decent price if its been well taken care of. Make sure it has all records ect.
What he said^^^^^ $14,000 is a good price. If records come back cool, I would jump on it.....Most reliable car in its class :)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I got mine with 50,000 01' with no scratches, loaded, with an interior that looked brand new for $18,000USD. That 14k doesnt sound to good to me...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
dont sound to bad to me :) my 01' was 17g with 50k miles last year around june. it all depends on the condition id say... paint, interior, engine, etc... accident free, clear title... jus gotta research it.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Have the car checked out by a trusted mechanic or you can take it to a Lexus dealer and have them do the inspection before you buy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gray rider - the owner actually just got it inspected by a local lexus dealer. the paint is fine except for a few very minor scratches. theres no dents

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
thinkingboutit said:
gray rider - the owner actually just got it inspected by a local lexus dealer. the paint is fine except for a few very minor scratches. theres no dents
So the inspection report is good, price is good and if you really like the car...then go for it. :) Just keep up with the regular maintenance and you should be good for another 100,000 miles or so...good luck! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts