1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just got his car 3weeks ago.
i just have the 3rd gen. injen intake.
???
be honest. im tired of my friends ragging on me cause of that damn honda :pissed:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Go try it and come back and tell us.

* Be sure to turn TRAC off.
* Be sure to gate shift. (Practice first if you need to.)
* Be sure to brake torque to 3000rpm. (Practice first if you need to, but don't do this too often. Let the tranny cool down between each try.)

Better yet, invite him to attend an autocross, track day, or any sort of timed road-course event with you and soundly + assuredly beat him. (Assuming you know how to drive.)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
dunno about that man...i heard v6 auto 03 accords would run low 15's in 1/4 mile. I have mostly heard of high 15's to low 16's for the auto IS.
am i wrong?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Odds are, you will lose. I just bought an 03' Accord EX last saturday, and they have a pretty strong pickup in them. Then again it has been awhile since I have driven my IS with just an intake, to compare, but I say you would lose!! IMO!!

·
Registered
487 Posts

is300 2002 e shift with hiper and blitz filter will beat and auto 2003. tried it 3 times came out on top all 3 i think there trany sux...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Well, if you are gonna go by the numbers of auto rags, then the Accord will take it. But the numbers are close enough to make it a drivers race. Let us know how it goes. One of the only things I can think of that will put you ahead of him is if you do the power brake thing and if he spins his tires at launch since fwd cars with alot of power tend to do that.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
show no respect to Fwd and honda transmission..... race him, it'll be close but i'm pretty confident that you'll win with a moderate amount of knowledge of how your car feels.
1) Race with low tank of fuel
2) trac off/ ext pwr on
3) a/c to vent outside-in
4) brake torque and feather at 2600
as far as gate shifting or Eshift. I really see no difference. Eshift seems to be more useful for DownShifting for curvy roads. just my opinion.
Goodluck. Race him and let us know how it turned out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
kuuligan said:
dunno about that man...i heard v6 auto 03 accords would run low 15's in 1/4 mile. I have mostly heard of high 15's to low 16's for the auto IS.
am i wrong?
I have seen auto ISs at the track get low 15s...its kinda slow off the line but from mid to high end...auto IS should be right there with auto accord.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hahahahaha good one. I guess this only works if
1) The pony doesn't fall apart. How many recalls did Ford have on the stang? Oh I forgot. They stopped production.
2) Unless you find some trailer park trash (Very rare to be seen in an import) that isn't aware that domestic owners consciously try to make up for there lack of manhood by revving at a light and going in straight lines in automatics. oh ya back to the point...you guys aren’t getting the chick either.

I betcha you wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin T-shirt right now. hahaha

·
Registered
782 Posts
OUZO Power said:
1) The pony doesn't fall apart. How many recalls did Ford have on the stang? Oh I forgot. They stopped production.
2) Unless you find some trailer park trash (Very rare to be seen in an import) that isn't aware that domestic owners consciously try to make up for there lack of manhood by revving at a light and going in straight lines in automatics. oh ya back to the point...you guys aren’t getting the chick either.

:lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
OUZO Power said:

I don't know what kind of women you guys pull but I have been beating them off with a stick ever since I got my yellow stang. You all need to show some damn respect for America and its fine automobiles. I am disgusted by the amount of stupid comments I have read on this board

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
well if you dont like it.. dont talk shit... then maybe you get some more respect... also you car is not the be all end all... so dont act like it... there are tons of cars that will beat ya.. just like there are a tons of car that will beat a stock IS...

·
Registered
6 Posts
its ok i understand jealousy is just a sad fact of life when you drive a ride as sick as mine you jackass' bought a car for 35gs thats slower than mine was for 25 and looks and preforms like a honda civic you can buy for 17 id be mad at the world too

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
HAHAH you are funny man... sad but entertaining... you would need a 4 car head start to even come within 3 car lengths after I spank your ass.... you can keep living your dream... as far as I go.. I am not jealous I also have a mustanng to run ya that will spank ya too.. and you think we are only into imports....go to pep boys and get some more euro tails..

·
Registered
6 Posts
fairuza11 said:
HAHAH you are funny man... sad but entertaining... you would need a 4 car head start to even come within 3 car lengths after I spank your ass.... you can keep living your dream... as far as I go.. I am not jealous I also have a mustanng to run ya that will spank ya too.. and you think we are only into imports....go to pep boys and get some more euro tails..
let me dump as much money into my car as you have in your turbo and ill smoke you with change. my engine could handle enough nitrous alone to tear you a new asshole then let me supercharge it or put in a custom turbo and we will see who is whos bitch

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
see the thing is BITCH you dont have the money... hahah you loose again.. and by the way.. each post you make will be deleted in my forum from now on... trolls are not welcome here.. peace

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
it is called house cleaning... I made my points.. I dont want TROLLS in my FORUM you might want it,.. I dont.. call me gutless again and you wont be comin back either... :shame:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
16 Participants
OUZO Power
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing