Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 is300 and my driver door was backed into. I was able to get another clean door through a parts dismantler. They took off door handle and panel, and lock actuator and mirror. Is there anything else I need to switch from my current door other than those? Wondering if this post is all I'll need to be helpful, thanks

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have an 01 is300 and my driver door was backed into. I was able to get another clean door through a parts dismantler. They took off door handle and panel, and lock actuator and mirror. Is there anything else I need to switch from my current door other than those? Wondering if this post is all I'll need to be helpful, thanks

I think it is fine. Because you are using your old stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll have to take off the fender (so the head lights and bumper) to replace the front door. It would have been a lot easier if they had just left all the parts on, so it would have just been moving the door and plugging it in. The wiring is different from all the other year IS's though
Thanks and yeah I agree. They removed all that stuff to sell separately. I'm not sure the door is the same year but since I'm switching most things will it matter anyways? Is the plug for the door panel the same as well as the mirrors? Also is there any hidden bolts to take off fender? Thanks you guys

·
Mr. Roo
9,338 Posts
The fender is pretty easy to remove, all the bolts are pretty obvious. The ones underneath were pretty tricky, just from grime and stuff making them stuck. There might be a bolt on the side exposed when the door is open. It's pretty basic, you can easily find any hidden bolts just by shifting it around. I'm not sure what you'll have to do for wiring and stuff, I think the plugs are all the same, just something to be aware of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts