Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody

I am looking for some help. I have a 2001 Lexus IS300 and I recently changed by drive belt. I am in Ottawa and now that it is getting colder my voltage drops when I stop at a stop sign and my lights dim and when I accerlate my belt squeaks. So my mechanic said it was the alternator, So we replaced the alternator and the car is doing the same thing. When I start up the car in the morning the belt steadily squeaks..

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You

·
Registered
250 Posts
check ur battery.. is ur battery ok?? might need to get another battery.

A battery with lil voltage, can cause bunch of weird shit..

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Since you recently change your belt, check the tension. It might need to be tighten/adjusted.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can also try to clean belt and pulleys. you can use brake cleaner.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
re:squeaker

I had that problem and I replaced my belt,whih u already did,and its tensioner.how many miles do you have?don't think your battery is the problem if you start ok in colder weather.I would do what the above dude said about using some brake cleaner.don't use any belt conditioners.there extremely messy and might only stop squeakin for lil bit or make worse

·
Registered
73 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but the squeaking noise can also be the bearing of the pulley

·
Registered
876 Posts
could be a bearing of a pulley, belt tension, or dirty pullies.
i would try spraying it with brake clean, and also checking the tension. since it's a serpentine belt the tensioner can go bad and need to be replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts