Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends is selling his car and is looking to get 8-9k for it. He's the 2nd owner and he has NOT done the 90k service(t-belt/waterpump).

The main reason he is selling is that he doesn't want to spend $ on the car. What would be a good price considering that I have to do the waterpump and such?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Subtract like 1k from the price if you can.

Order all the parts from irontoad.com. Have an independant mechanic install everything.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
irontoad.com??? never heard of it? Is it good? If your car is a manual you may need a new clutch sometime soon but not necessarily (just going from experience). The subtracting $1000 buck is very good advice. I'd probably ask for a $1200 discount and get all the fluids changed at the same time (do it yourself). If you do buy it you MUST get the belts done and the water pump too I guess. Lowball his ass, who gives a shit if he's your friend. When I bought my IS300 I pointed out everything single little probably and acted like they were big deals and needed to be fixed immediately after I bought the car. I got like $2700 or so off an already well priced car cause I paid CASH. A stack of 100 dollar bills in someones face hypnotizes them I'm found and gets you a good price. Its always good to lie about how much you bought the car for on the title transfer thingy, that way you save on taxes. I got the guy to agree to put he sold me the car for $6000 :lol: . Saved a good amount that way ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. The reason is that he already has an offer from a dealer friend that buy/sells used cars for 8k and he was just wanting to see if he could get more.

It's an automatic, so no clutch stuff here. I probably can't get him much lower than 8k since he'll just go to the other person.. haha..

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
irontoad.com??? never heard of it? Is it good? If your car is a manual you may need a new clutch sometime soon but not necessarily (just going from experience).
all 2001s are auto :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
irontoad.com??? never heard of it? Is it good? If your car is a manual you may need a new clutch sometime soon but not necessarily (just going from experience). The subtracting $1000 buck is very good advice. I'd probably ask for a $1200 discount and get all the fluids changed at the same time (do it yourself). If you do buy it you MUST get the belts done and the water pump too I guess. Lowball his ass, who gives a shit if he's your friend. When I bought my IS300 I pointed out everything single little probably and acted like they were big deals and needed to be fixed immediately after I bought the car. I got like $2700 or so off an already well priced car cause I paid CASH. A stack of 100 dollar bills in someones face hypnotizes them I'm found and gets you a good price. Its always good to lie about how much you bought the car for on the title transfer thingy, that way you save on taxes. I got the guy to agree to put he sold me the car for $6000 :lol: . Saved a good amount that way ;)
yeap, very true. if you are getting it from a friend, see if you can get him to say he gave it to you as a gift. i did that with my purchase =D, saved tons of money for not paying tax on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts