Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be finishing up my build soon just sources a few last parts. Can anyone recommend an ecu for my specific build? I've tried contacting local tuners and NONE wanna touch my 2jz lol. I can't seem to wrap my head around it. This is tge first time I ever build anything.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
They've probably had their share of kids bringing them budget builds held by zip ties and emanages and fic's for engine control. Any aem standalone from the past couple of years should be good enough. If they are halfway competent they should be able to work with several of the leading manufacturers, just ask them what ECU they wanna deal with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've probably had their share of kids bringing them budget builds held by zip ties and emanages and fic's for engine control. Any aem standalone from the past couple of years should be good enough. If they are halfway competent they should be able to work with several of the leading manufacturers, just ask them what ECU they wanna deal with.

Or, I live in the asscrack of the United States (Mcallen, TX) and the only thing people drive around here are Chevy trucks -.-

·
Registered
798 Posts
Drop an email to Eric at [email protected] . He does in person and remote tuning. It’s around 600$ for a base map plus several revisions then 150$ per revision (like if you get cams, bigger turbo, etc). I am kind of in the same boat as you, but I am in OK. Mostly diesel truck tuners here and the prominent import place specializes in Honda’s. Eric can tune whatever you buy, but they sell and recommend AEM and Motec. It’s not going to be cheap but if you can do the install my man can tune it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can recommend Haltech ECU's. Never had an issue with their stuff and they have amazing support if you have issues or questions. Be careful if you buy the Plug N Play IS300 Elite 2000 ECU with boomslang harness. That boomslang harness is a joke to actually install/use. Its only like 16" and with the ecu box in the engine bay its a nightmare, not sure how anyone is able to use it with the stock ecu box/setup. I ended up buying a unterminated Haltech harness with integrated fusebox so I can build a custom one.

And to be fair, most all the major ECU brands have a pretty good working product.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you live in McAllen Tx, I have a tuner suggestion for you. Calvin at Dotson Tuning (Ft. Worth) did a hell of a job on my car recently. I run a Link ecu and not too many tuners are all that familiar with the software. He took his time and basically retuned it from scratch despite it already having a decent flex tune on it. It would have been cake for him just to tweak my tune a little bit, but he completely overhauled all of it. I left out of there with a completely different car, to the tune of 547whp on a completely (internally) stock GTE motor. Precision 6262, ID1050X, E85, CD009, etc. As Kris OK stated above, the local Honda guys, as competent as they are with their platform, were 100hp shy of what Dotson got out of it. The guy really knows his stuff and is a perfectionist, willing to take the time to make it right. He's the third tuner this car has seen and it is a totally different animal now, I highly recommend him.

My setup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you live in McAllen Tx, I have a tuner suggestion for you. Calvin at Dotson Tuning (Ft. Worth) did a hell of a job on my car recently. I run a Link ecu and not too many tuners are all that familiar with the software. He took his time and basically retuned it from scratch despite it already having a decent flex tune on it. It would have been cake for him just to tweak my tune a little bit, but he completely overhauled all of it. I left out of there with a completely different car, to the tune of 547whp on a completely (internally) stock GTE motor. Precision 6262, ID1050X, E85, CD009, etc. As Kris OK stated above, the local Honda guys, as competent as they are with their platform, were 100hp shy of what Dotson got out of it. The guy really knows his stuff and is a perfectionist, willing to take the time to make it right. He's the third tuner this car has seen and it is a totally different animal now, I highly recommend him.

My setup:
Nice man! I saw your video a couple months back. I bought a IS300 Sportcross not too long ago! I plan on buying another IS300 later in the upcoming years. Love the chassis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts