Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 01 is300 that came without foglights but has switch on headlight tree. I got used ones and found the connector for driver side, plugged it in and it works, but can't locate the passenger side plug. My question is imtge wire/plug usually connected to the driver side connector as well? Thanks

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Hey guys I have an 01 is300 that came without foglights but has switch on headlight tree. I got used ones and found the connector for driver side, plugged it in and it works, but can't locate the passenger side plug. My question is imtge wire/plug usually connected to the driver side connector as well? Thanks
The 2001 uses 9006 bulbs. So any auto parts store will have them. In their electrical section. It is a headlight connector.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah I found a lot of connectors but I'm not sure where to wire it in if I can only locate driver side plug. Do I splice the driver side one and wire another across? My question is where to wire both sides if I only can find one plug

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks, yeah I found a lot of connectors but I'm not sure where to wire it in if I can only locate driver side plug. Do I splice the driver side one and wire another across? My question is where to wire both sides if I only can find one plug
Your passenger side wire might stuck between Frame channels and bumper crash bar.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You can run it across. But I would look for the passenger side one. Do not know if one side will support two lights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay looks like I'm gonna have to take my bumper off and do some digging, thanks guys. Any chance of someone having a diagram that shows where this wire may be hiding? Had this car for a year and a half nowand been getting pieces together to put foglights in finally haha exciting

·
Registered
242 Posts
this is the passenger side of my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thanks guys. My car must have been in a accident although it's clean title because the harness for the marking lights is gone but I got another one but the marking light cables are connected and run across bumper. So will have to take a look and see

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the bumper off and found the wires, went to autopart store and got heat shrink and bulb connecter. Going to hook it all up tomorrow, thanks again. Has anyone used Led bulbs in their foglights? I just bought a set and will use as low beam bulbs if it doesn't work out

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Took the bumper off and found the wires, went to autopart store and got heat shrink and bulb connecter. Going to hook it all up tomorrow, thanks again. Has anyone used Led bulbs in their foglights? I just bought a set and will use as low beam bulbs if it doesn't work out
They will work fine as fogs. The low beams are HID and the high beams are 9005.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right, what I meant was the high beams on as "low" 30% percent power ha, and yeah realized they are 9005. Got everything wired up and looks good. Had to extend the driver side connector for whatever reason, and the beamtech 6500k led's seem to be bright enough. Thanks for everyone's help. Now to look for a new front bumper because my car came with a cracked one and peeling hood.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fogs keep dying and wheel scraping maybe?
Has anyone ever experienced the wheels damaging the fog wires? Ive got 18"s on my is300 and fogs keep going out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts