Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me through this ecu wiring? I really really don't want to mess anything up. I see some stuff online but nothing detailed. It would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was told that you connect is300 harness to ecu & find FC MREL MAF & IGNITER. Ground FC & the rest get 12v power switch and that’s it

·
Registered
707 Posts
I’ve never done this swap, but I have done a 2jzgte. That said, it’s usually a matter of comparing the pinouts and changing wires accordingly. What 1JZ platform do you have? Assuming you will use the 1JZ ecu solely, right? And do you know about the all4swap converter that makes it all work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve never done this swap, but I have done a 2jzgte. That said, it’s usually a matter of comparing the pinouts and changing wires accordingly. What 1JZ platform do you have? Assuming you will use the 1JZ ecu solely, right? And do you know about the all4swap converter that makes it all work?
Continue on this speak everything you know

·
Registered
707 Posts
Continue on this speak everything you know
😂I am no swap guru. There’s several variants jzx100, jzx110. Think one is dbw (drive by wire) and one is traditional mechanical throttle. So, I’d think starting with the dbw 1JZ would make sense, since the is300 is dbw. But yeah, I’d suggest getting an ecu pinout of both cars and compare them. If it’s really as few wires as :

find FC MREL MAF & IGNITER. Ground FC & the rest get 12v power switch and that’s it
then it shouldn’t be too difficult. We need to know what variant the motor is first...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
- - - Jzs171 in a 2001 is300 - - -
Ok so Ive have the car driving for months now and I never updated you guys with a how to. I apologize for not doing my part until now :)
(Do this at your own risk if for whatever reason something doesn't work for you its not my fault this is what I did)

First I want to mention I am running the 4speed auto trans my jzs171 1jz came with (a340e LE)
I was told to bypass the neutral safety switch so I did. Then I later learned that its not necessary for my auto setup, so I will be switching that back this weekend. (my reverse lights dont get 12v and eshift wont work)
Im not sure if the manual guys will have to do that but its something note.

So to do the swap for a 01 and to get it running you simply have to add 12v constant to the maf. This is a Black wire W Red strip on the far side of the MAF plug. What I did was followed it down a little over 2 feet long and cut it so it could run straight to the alternators 12v source with a spade. works great! I then had to run a wire directly from the Ignitor to the gauge cluster harness. The ignitor has a pinout that's labeled "tach" and the cluster signal is the black wire # 11 on connector A.
When I first tried to fire the engine my starter was stuck as the engine was most likely sitting in a Japanese yard for a while, and make sure you have the proper MAF. I spent the extra money and bought the OEM jzs171 MAF. Avoid the subaru maf and the other cheap alternatives people are doing.

I owe a HUGE shoutout and thank you to @mitsuguy as I couldn't of done this project without him!

Follow my build and I on instagram
@HoesCallMeSanta

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im running the A4S box, but I haven't got AC working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts