Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was quoted for the price of $200 just to installed lowering springs for my car, dude is charging me $50 a spring installed. Is this outrageous or what!? I don't have the tools to installed the springs myself also i'm not good @ installing aftermarket parts on a car. Can anyone give me some insight on this if this is bullshlt or not? Thanks

-Ringo

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ $100 bucks sounds right but damn they are charging me an arm and leg for install.

-Ringo

·
Registered
740 Posts
I paid $120. Screw 200.

·
Registered
565 Posts
when i asked how much it would be for me they said 140....so yeah i would keep shopping around if i were you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You may be able to find it for less, but typically that is hard to do. If the company isn't going to make money on the purchase of the springs, a discount on install is hard!

Try installing them yourself, saves the most money! That's what I did! However, with hand tools it is a royal pain!

Anyway $100 for install is amazing. I don't even think $200 is awful knowing how long they take. Just figure with a lift and power tools, it still takes at least 2 hours, and most places will quote 4 hours! Some guys have said it's taken them as much as 8 hours to do it on their own!

It's much simpler if you don't have to take apart the stock strut assembly using a spring compressor to change the spring out! Oh well, good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.