Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys thought i would share this. I don't know if this has already been posted but till april 30th, if you buy a avic-d3, pioneer will send you a 200 dollar rebate

Pioneer USA - In-Dash Navigation

just look for the rebate thing

Sorry if it's already been posted, Im new!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I paided $800 (cdn) for mine and it came with the ipod cable

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i saw a ebay seller thats selling the d3, ipod link, remote and blue tooth for like 720. After rebate, thats 520 for all that. Thats a good deal. In my opinion.

what do you mean financed? Like buying with a credit card? Im sure if you have a receipt, and the sn and upc off the box you should get the rebate

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Never mind about the ebay thing. Must be bought at a pioneer authorized dealer except best buy, circuit city, crutchfield, and some more. Although, i did see one ebay seller that said they were authorized dealer and had a link of the rebate on their listing.

so cheapest i found was at Pioneer AVIC-D3 GPS InDash Nav Sys - No Rebate Required. REBATE ALREADY APPLIED!(PIOAVICD3) and other affordable In Dash Navigation at 6ave.com. for 589 with rebate already applied

So not that good of a deal since you could probably get a better deal on ebay.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
You can't really compare ebay with retail channel products. I bet you a lot of the ebay stuff are grey or even black market, and thus Pioneer USA won't RMA it for you. You get what you pay for.

Also, for the price, it is a pretty good deal. I wouldn't say it does everything unless it had USB input and internal memory for the GPS nav. But honestly, for the price, it is more than good enough.

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Must be bought at a pioneer authorized dealer except best buy, circuit city, crutchfield, and some more.
i didn't see any mention of these being excluded from the rebate

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
It is not unusual for mass merchants to be excluded from MIR's as they get a lower cost than dealers/channels. Similar to Tomtom's Christmas MIR.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you guys ever come across the the pioneer avic d3x package, get it. Its the d3 and comes with the d3, ipod cable, bluetooth and remote. A local ma and pa authorize dealer has it on sell in my area twice in the pass year for 600.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is not unusual for mass merchants to be excluded from MIR's as they get a lower cost than dealers/channels. Similar to Tomtom's Christmas MIR.
i hear ya, and totally understand, but I read through the rebate-clicky-pop-up-thing and didn't see any mention of certain dealer exclusions....just wondering if it was stated somewhere and I am just missing it, or if it's understood they are excluded

·
Registered
796 Posts
When did you buy this because it says it is no longer available?
I got my D3 7 months ago right before the price drop unfortunately and my friend got the deal for 350 the first few days of march, I have not been on the site since, didnt know it was no longer avail. SORRY

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
i hear ya, and totally understand, but I read through the rebate-clicky-pop-up-thing and didn't see any mention of certain dealer exclusions....just wondering if it was stated somewhere and I am just missing it, or if it's understood they are excluded
Yeah, I hear you. It is on the MIR form. BB, CC, Car toys, Al & Eds Autosound, Tweeter or Crutchfield excluded. And only valid for purchases made from an authorized Pioneer or Pioneer Premier Dealer in the US between Feb 1, 2008 to April 30, 2008.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/$200%20AVIC-D3%20Rebate-Final.pdf

·
Registered
52 Posts
So basically this rebate is useless, the only place I can see you could use it would be Crutchfield and they are so overpriced that it is like buying it normally from Best Buy..... Unless I am missing something here.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
So basically this rebate is useless, the only place I can see you could use it would be Crutchfield and they are so overpriced that it is like buying it normally from Best Buy..... Unless I am missing something here.....
Nevermind, you can't use it at Crutchfield either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts