Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think I'll be safe from cops driving around with 20% tint all around, besides windshield in Jersey or New York City

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
im in Nj and i have 20% all around. and my best friend has a new land rover sport with double limo tints all around, and 20% on the windshield and he never had a problem(yet). just knwo your towns. for instance, in metuchen and highland park, make sure windows go down, or you will def get pulled over

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mike for the input. I live around Fort Lee, NJ, I'm not too sure how cops are there with tint. BUt they are mad strict on speeding. If I have 35% front, will that be too light to look good? I want tint dark enough to see only an image of me on the inside.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
not in Northern NJ...but it depends if you care about tickets and bein pulled over all the time. But if u dont care get the tints in the front, if not jsut do the back. Im in Northern NJ jsut like you and the cops here use to pull me over soley for my tints. I used to get pulled over about 1-2x a week for 6 consecutive months in bergen county and after 5 tickets i took them off.

or you can do the 20/35 in the back and 50 in the front. my friend did that and he never got messed with

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input linner, I gave you +rep. I'm actually thinking about doing 35 all around with Gila Xtreme Mirror Gunmetal Gray. I figured my car is GGP and it'll go well with it. what do you guys think? Input please~!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i live in monmouth county and i have 35% all around. I got pulled over once for it (about 2 days after i got it done) but that was like 2 months ago and i havent had any probs since

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cops need a fking life, seriously, why can't they just leave us alone. Not like our windows are tinted and we doing drive by's. Seriously, what is the point of puting a limit on how dark the windows are.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
osmosis said:
Thanks for the input linner, I gave you +rep. I'm actually thinking about doing 35 all around with Gila Xtreme Mirror Gunmetal Gray. I figured my car is GGP and it'll go well with it. what do you guys think? Input please~!
id stay away from any mirror tint in nj, just bc that attracts alot of attention

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Just go with 35% all around..... that is what I have on my GGP, never been pulled over yet, knock on wood. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I live in Palisades Park nj.
with 35%, never got pulled over. I think 35% is good,
not tooooooo dark, not too light.. i'm glad i got 35%

·
Registered
40 Posts
sucks that you get tickets in NJ...here in FL, most of em just rip a couple windows of tint off for you!! Haven't had it done to me yet but I make sure to roll the windows down when I'm in a questionable area (15% tint).

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
ippon20 said:
sucks that you get tickets in NJ...here in FL, most of em just rip a couple windows of tint off for you!! Haven't had it done to me yet but I make sure to roll the windows down when I'm in a questionable area (15% tint).
uh id rather pay the 50$ ticket then have a cop rip the tint off my front windows

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah, but when they start the rip with their knife and scratch your window's glass...makes for a neat paycheck from the city.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts