Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a Search some people say they will fit no problem with the correct offset Others say that they are rolling on 20 with out any mods needed to make them fit. Some people say that they had to roll the fenders. I am about to buy these rims so I Need to know will they fit????? Does anyone have pics of an IS300 with 20 dubs. Tht rims are 20" KATANA CHROME WHEELS AND TIRES (NITTO) 245/35ZR20 came off a 202 Lexus GS.

Thanks for the Help!!!!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
They will not work because they have a GS offset. There are a few people with 20s in the back, but those are IS300 friendly offsets. Also, I dont know if anyone has 20s in the front yet.

You seem pretty determined to buy these rims, which will be a mistake. But if you think people here don't know what they're talking about, buy em.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If it's off of GS, it will run against your fender for sure due to offset difference.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
this is a repost and you have to roll the fender and it is a lot of work!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am determined to buy 20" rims, They don't have to be these ones. What offset do I need ect? So i can buy other 20" rims that will fit!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
!!!

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
402 Posts
The problem with 20x8 rims is that the narrowest tire you can get is a 245/35R20.... like the above comment, you will need a custom offest as 20" are really for big sedans like the GS and LS, not the IS.

245/35R20 won't fit in the front - I'm running 235/35R19 (1" taller than stock) in the front and lowered 1.5" and already when turning the fronts there's only 0.5" between the front wheelwell and my tires...

the wheel/tire combo you're looking at is 26.7 inches tall... that's like putting a truck-sized tire on the IS... way too big... if you want 20"s for the show factor, then go ahead and customer order a set of rims and be prepared to do a tonne of bodywork..

good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts