Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too have been lurking around this site for the past couple of months gathering useful information that resulted in the purchase of my 2001 GGP. I paid $30,900 for the car which includes the leather-escaine package, moon roof, wheel locks and trunk mat. I bought the car though priceline.com and I highly recommend their services when purchasing a new vehicle.

I hit 980 miles today, so I took the car out to one of my favorite canyon carving roads here in Vegas, Red Rock Canyon. It's a 13 mile loop that's just a blast to drive. This was the first time I really opened the car up and wound the engine out before shifting. The car pulls pretty strong and I was very impressed with 3rd gear. Nice. It's been 102+ degrees each day here so the a/c was on to keep things cool. Does the a/c pull away a reasonable amount of engine power in this car? Just wondering if I can expect even more oomph when things cool down here.

I'm coming out of a chipped 1.8t Passat with all the goodies. Great car, but my wife's driving that now. Overall I'm very pleased with my new IS. It feels solid, looks great and moves well. It's going to take me a little time to get used to the suspension and traction of this car as it's much different than the Eibach set-up that I'm running on the B5. I'm still in the learning stage of how far to trust the car in agressive manuever situations.

I'd like to thank all of you guys for providing invaluable information to guys/gals like me. See you around the board.

Peter

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The biggest diff btwn the Passat and the IS is obviously the RWD configuration. I'm coming from a Nissan Maxima and the drive feel from a FWD to a RWD is night and day.

The I-6 is probably a lot smoother than the turbo 4 in the VW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just answered my own question. I took the car out tonight without the a/c on. It's down to 92 degrees which believe it or not out here in Vegas feels almost cool. Hit the PWR button and had some serious fun. I must admit that I'm feeling a little better now. I was hoping the car was as fast as it is, I hadn't experienced serious speed until tonight. This car rocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts