Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Electric folding mirrors. Do both of your mirrors fold 100% ? My left closes 100% while my right only seems to close 75% . I replaced my left mirror when I had that accident a while back.
2. Has any one got the lexus parking sensors fitted ? what are they like ? worth the money ? my car is going back to the dealer on Thursday so I might ask for them to be fitted.

·
Registered
904 Posts
1. On the IS300's, the right mirror only fold like 75%, so yeah its ok. I was worried bout that too when i first got my car. Dunno why it dont fold 100%, seems stupid for it not to

2. Sorry cant help there

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hmm, ok, they fold 100% on IS200 models but not on IS300 models. My cousin has an IS200 and they fold 100%.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A1:
My 2002 IS200 folds 75% on right mirror. 100% on Left. My friends late 2000 IS200 folds 100% both side. a 2003 IS200 loan car I had folds 75% on Right too. So I guess maybe post face-lift IS only fold 75% on Right mirror!?
but why right mirror?? (right hand drive model only)
How about US model (left hand drive models)

A2:
My friend's 2000 IS 200 is fitted with parking sonser on the rear bumper. I think it only costed ~$600 AUD. pretty cheap when compare with other Europeans. On his car, there are only 2 sensors and in black plastic. His car is Black so doesnt matter. I guess they have colour coded sonsor now. I have never used any of the parking sensor system before. So I can not tell you whether the system offered by Lexus is good or not . But I thought $600 is not expensive.

Just out of curiosity. My 6MT has beeping sound when in Reverse gear. When will happen if I fit the parking sensor system?? Different beeping pitch?? :crazy:

SSML

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
[ALM-78M said:
]1. Electric folding mirrors. Do both of your mirrors fold 100% ? My left closes 100% while my right only seems to close 75% . I replaced my left mirror when I had that accident a while back.
2. Has any one got the lexus parking sensors fitted ? what are they like ? worth the money ? my car is going back to the dealer on Thursday so I might ask for them to be fitted.
It dosent matter how much they fold in, they should be the same on both side, not one more than the other.

Matt

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
[ALM-78M said:
]1. Electric folding mirrors. Do both of your mirrors fold 100% ? My left closes 100% while my right only seems to close 75% . I replaced my left mirror when I had that accident a while back.
It dosent matter how much they fold in, they should be the same on both side, not one more than the other.

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts