Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am a newbie here...I bought a 2001 IS300 in May. I have a couple of questions.

1. I let the gas tank get down to the point of the low fuel light coming on, just didn't pay attention. I went and put $15 in the tank, the guage is still reading nothing and the light stays on. So I need to fill it up, has anyone experienced this? In the manual, it says to try and keep the take at around a quarter of a tank, I usually do. Any help?

2. I have read about the IS300 "hesitation", when taking off I do feel a slight pause, but then it runs fine. I have read that an ECM reset can restore the takeoff speed, and even help gas mileage. Anyone had this done, know if it will help, etc?

Thanks for any help, I'm not a hugely knowledgable car guy, though I know a bit about them. I am really happy with the car, I'm not wealthy or anything, just found a good deal on the car and it had a decent amount of miles, I have read that Toyota's will go 300,000 if you keep them tuned and oil changed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i heard theres a reflash for the '01's but i havent done it because it seems fine. i 've waited a few times for the gas light to come on before putting $10-$20 dollers worth of gas in the tank and the light always goes away. toyotas are incredibley dependable if you take care of them. i have a '95 4runner thats still going strong

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
how much is gas where you are...$15 may not have been enough to get it back up to where the light isnt on :lol:

and the hesitation is just part of owning an IS300...there was a fix for it, but Im sure you have to par for it now

·
Registered
29 Posts
how much is gas where you are...$15 may not have been enough to get it back up to where the light isnt on :lol:

and the hesitation is just part of owning an IS300...there was a fix for it, but Im sure you have to par for it now
lol....ya i went to gas station in cali a few years back and a gallon of regular unleaded fuel was $4.30 a gallon! im glad i live out here in georgia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts