Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
almost a years ago i took apart my stock headunit to fix the cd jam...i noticed then what i thought were 2 ports..aux in/out..perfect...one day if i ever needed to connect an ipod for instance..i could just run it through the back....so thats what my plans were untill i read that u need the aux in mod to run the ipod of the stock HU....i understand thats what i need to do to make it work.....but im just wondering ..what are the 2 ports in the back called? and what are they there for? thanks
-mike :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
dadasups1 said:
almost a years ago i took apart my stock headunit to fix the cd jam...i noticed then what i thought were 2 ports..aux in/out..perfect...one day if i ever needed to connect an ipod for instance..i could just run it through the back....so thats what my plans were untill i read that u need the aux in mod to run the ipod of the stock HU....i understand thats what i need to do to make it work.....but im just wondering ..what are the 2 ports in the back called? and what are they there for? thanks
-mike :)
They are proprietary Toyota ports..... One port is for the power, ground, signal, etc... wires and the other port is for the optional navigation system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts