Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how much power amp needed to power 2 12 inch IDQ 4 ohm subs?

Can the same apply for 2 IDQ 10 inch subs?

What amp for 2 10's?

I heard great things about these subs so if there is anything i need to know before buying 2 of the IDQ tell me and also can i fit either 10's or 12's over the hump in the back of our trunk that sits in front of the ski pass?

I was planning to get 2 10's or 12's walled off and fit them over the hump so i can still have some trunk space

Thanx fo any info!!!!!!!!!!!! :chill:

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
Altezza3456 said:
Does any one know how much power amp needed to power 2 12 inch IDQ 4 ohm subs?

Can the same apply for 2 IDQ 10 inch subs?

What amp for 2 10's?

I heard great things about these subs so if there is anything i need to know before buying 2 of the IDQ tell me and also can i fit either 10's or 12's over the hump in the back of our trunk that sits in front of the ski pass?

I was planning to get 2 10's or 12's walled off and fit them over the hump so i can still have some trunk space

Thanx fo any info!!!!!!!!!!!! :chill:

With the 10" models I have great success with any where from 300 to 500 watts per pair.

The 12" will work there also extremely well. They can handle a bit more power though if you would like.

Do you have Dual 2 ohm or single 4 ohm subs?

Are you planning on running a mono amp or a stereo amp?

I sell a lot of the IDQ's with either the HiFonics ZX4000(400 watts) or the ZX6000(600 watts) amplifiers. Never really received any complaints as all seem to have an ear to ear smile. :D

Since you have 4 ohm subs these amp will not meet your needs as they are 4 ohm stereo stable and 2 4ohm subs is a 2 ohm mono load. The Brutus BX1000D would work well at 500 watts @ 2ohms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts