Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a screw in the drivers side (your passenger side) front and the rear passenger side (your drivers side)......so i decided to replace them all cause it doesnt make sense replaceing just those 2 tires....the other 2 were of different brands and were showing signs of wear.

So on went a set of 245 35 17 Toyo T1S tires (no where on island had any 215, 225 or 235 series tires...well some wanted too much and i got these toyos for like $160 a pop)......BOY WERE THEY A BITCH TO GET ON!!!!! Took 3.5 hours to get them on...because of the thin sidewall the tires would bend. We ended up using engine oil, the tire pry bar and about 104psi of pressure to pop them into place.....i am a firm believer in toyo tires now. The valve on the tire was removed so all you had to do was remove the air supply and it immediately vented. Also the wheel/tire was in an explosion cage. I am semi convinced that Toyota made 17.1 inch wheels lolol

they look nice but are a bit slippery for the first 50miles. I look forward to a whole lot more grip

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
are those mounted on the 7" rim?

When i first read your post, i thought you were saying you got two flats on your brand new tires.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow

There couldn't possibly be anything more unsafe or wrong about this post. I don't even know where to begin. Let me start with please get the correct size tires or at least 8 inch wheels befor something bad happens.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know that the tires are a little too wide for the wheel but its the only size i could fin on island at the time....kinda sucks but it gets me from home to work.

Brandon can you explain to me what the bad thing is that will happen with a 245 series on a stock wheel? Not big on the fundamentals of tires but i know the general stuff. here are some pictures to help me convey the size

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
WOW! those look beefy as shit...!! :D

Yeah i am curious too what is the problem? i'm sure he's not running 105 Lbs all day long,>.. R u? :lol:

really tho as long as he is not rubbing & the car still steers properly what is the problem.....?

I think they look pretty badass!

.... once they scuff in wont they grip like mofo's....??

edgy
........revealing his tire naivte'...

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
my fuckin toyo's make sticky noises while driving....
I CANNOT STAND IT AT ALL...........

anyone else ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nahh im not running 105psi all day long, they are at 42psi all around. I was told by the tire dealer that they have a realease agent or something in the tires...once you get around 50miles of wear on em they have alot more grip. To be honest it wasnt fully explained to me, he just said no hard corners for 50-60miles and i will be fine. Comming out of the place the back end felt a bit loose but now the car feels soooo stable.

i have less road noise compared to the Dunlop 9000's that it previously had.....and alot less than the Dunlop 9000's up front and a lesser Dunlop and Nankang on the rear :eek: :shame:.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
your rims have ALOT of rash and scratches on them. bad area?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AltezzaBob said:
your rims have ALOT of rash and scratches on them. bad area?
well the dealer in japan that i bought mine from said it was lady driven......i guess parallel parking was her kryptonite??? I actually want to get a set of the graphite Lexus wheels but alas im broke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.