Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an article that talks about a highschool cheerleading squad who's members were theatened with expulsion from the team if they took the ACT, which coincided with one of their pom-pom twirling sessions. Peple from Alabama never cease to amaze me. Don't they know that going to college and having a future is more important that high school cheerleading competitions and fucking your relatives? Guess not.

http://www.troymessenger.com/news/1202/12-06_cheer.html

PCHS cheerleaders to remain on team, get two demerits

By STEPHEN STETSON
Staff Writer

Pike County High School will be missing four cheerleaders at the Alabama High School Athletic Association's championship on Dec. 14.

However, school officials have backed down from their original position and the girls will not be dismissed from the squad.

Instead, the girls, who will be taking the American College Test on Dec. 14, will now be given two demerits and suspended from cheering at the first home basketball game, according to parents.

Pike County High School Principal Terry Casey declined to comment on the situation and phone calls to cheerleader sponsor Daphne Coppage were not returned. Casey had previously said that the girls needed to choose between the two events and would not be allowed to continue as cheerleaders if they missed the championship.

According to Marilyn Rodgers, mother of cheerleader captain Dee Dee Rodgers, the girls were explicitly told by school administrators that if they took the college preparation test on the date of the cheerleading competition, they would be dismissed from the squad. However, in meetings with school officials Thursday, the parents and cheerleaders were told that they would receive a much lighter punishment for skipping the competition and would still be allowed to cheer throughout basketball season.

"We're happy, but disappointed with the way that they did it," Rodgers said. "They're definitely, all four of them, going to be taking the ACT on that day."

Officials at the AHSAA said that the conflict between the important test and the cheerleading contest was regrettable but unavoidable.

"It's the third time this year that the ACT is given and it is available at other times," said Alan Mitchell, assistant director of the AHSAA. "We try to stay off those dates if we can, but there are so many other dates, from state testing to the SAT, that we can't stay away from every one."

According to parents of the cheerleaders, the school plans to select cheerleaders from the junior high squad to take the place of the high school girls during the competition. The event will be the first time that Pike County High has participated in the statewide cheerleading competition and, according to Pike County education officials, it marks an attempt to upgrade the competitive nature of the cheerleading program.

Though the test-taking cheerleaders will be assigned two demerits and suspended for one basketball game, according to the Pike County High School cheerleader constitution, a cheerleader can only be dismissed after accruing 10 demerits.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BWN 7 said:
Uh, isn't Aubie83 enough proof for you?????
Definately, just nice to have a little reasurance every now and then.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Thanks dumb bitch. You dont even know her, unlike your self who is dumb overweight whore. There aint nothing wrong with Alabama. Jealousy kills yall know that :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I'm still I'm still I'm still Jenny from the block. Used to have a little, now I have a lot.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Thanks dumb bitch. You dont even know her, unlike your self who is dumb overweight whore. There aint nothing wrong with Alabama. Jealousy kills yall know that :lol: :lol:
the funny thing is, you talk shit cuz I don't know your "girl" but you don't know me...the thing is, I don't have to know her to know she's dumb...I've seen what you have posted here and know that you are a loser and she is dumb for dating you

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
Aubie83 said:
the funny thing is, you talk shit cuz I don't know your "girl" but you don't know me...the thing is, I don't have to know her to know she's dumb...I've seen what you have posted here and know that you are a loser and she is dumb for dating you
How do you know?? By the way I or she looks, or just cause we are from Alabama. Dumb bitch you are, and sad too :lol:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Aubie83 said:
ltunedgirl said:
Aubie83 said:
How do you know?? By the way I or she looks, or just cause we are from Alabama. Dumb bitch you are, and sad too :lol:
seriously, i have explained this to you twice, maybe after the third time you will get it I've seen what you have posted here and know that you are a loser and she is dumb for dating you

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Aubie83 said:
dude, when you insult people's intelligence, you should strive to use correct grammar. Otherwise, you end up sounding like PMD.

Instead of "your self is dumb overweight whore"..... you should use "You, Ltunedgirl, happen to be a most overweight and dumb whore"

see the difference?

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
kinddog said:
Aubie83 said:
dude, when you insult people's intelligence, you should strive to use correct grammar. Otherwise, you end up sounding like PMD...
No need to go to such ridiculous levels.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Aubie, I respected your wishes in lockign the threads, but it appears that the source of the problem is YOU.

Every time you post you say the most asinine crap and further the stereotype that the south is full of dumb inbred hicks. Save yourself some grief and make your woman proud and ZIP IT.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
About this Discussion
132 Replies
17 Participants
kinddog
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing