Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone! =)

I have 2 crazy sounds coming from my front passenger area.. It's at different times..

Both sounds come from door / under glove box / behind dash??

First one happens when I turn my AC on sometimes? It almost sounds like a 'sipping' sound? goes away when I shut the AC off, after a few seconds.. doesn't happen all the time though!

Second sound: Something rattling.. same area.. not sure what it could be, and my glove box has NOTHING in it..

I've had people climb upside down while the sounds were being made and we CANNOT pinpoint it.. any ideas??

Thank you in advance..

·
Premium Member
22,925 Posts

I have 2 crazy sounds coming from my front passenger area.. It's at different times..

First one happens when I turn my AC on sometimes? It almost sounds like a 'sipping' sound? goes away when I shut the AC off, after a few seconds.. doesn't happen all the time though!

Second sound: Something rattling.. same area.. not sure what it could be, and my glove box has NOTHING in it..

I've had people climb upside down while the sounds were being made and we CANNOT pinpoint it.. any ideas??

Thank you in advance..
Did you have them look with the glove box taken out? I think someone mentioned the fan for the vent that's back there one time when there was a similar issue.

http://my.is/forums/f90/clicking-noise-coming-glove-box-397667/

p.s. - Is the sipping sound different then the sound people hear when they have air in their coolant lines?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Did you have them look with the glove box taken out? I think someone mentioned the fan for the vent that's back there one time when there was a similar issue.

http://my.is/forums/f90/clicking-noise-coming-glove-box-397667/

p.s. - Is the sipping sound different then the sound people hear when they have air in their coolant lines?
Okay! I have diagnosed this problem a ton of times at my shop.

Open the glove box and push in on the sides so it comes down. Remove the black plastic plate and check your AC filter. In my experience things can get in there. While the filter is removed turn the AC on to see if you can duplicate the sound. Then remove debrie.

As for the sipping sound it seems you might have air in your AC heater core, simply purchase some genuine otoyta coolant pre mixed and park your vehicle on a slant or jack up the front end. While the vehicle is cold open the radiator by pushing down on the cap and turn left. Top off your radiator and coolant resivour. Start the car and let it run with the heat or AC on for 10 minutes while its elevated. Let us know if that fixes it.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Thank you in advance..
1) Air in coolant- Nothing to worry about.

2) Check cabin filter for debris. I think theres also a metal bolt somewhere around the glovebox, which gets lose sometimes and can cause sounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.