Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 07 IS350 for about 2mos now. 1st couple days after I got it wanted to see what it had and got smoked by my buddy's modded out 03 Cobra. Since then I've been researching and practicing how to launch my car the best way possible and I think I got it dwn pretty good so I went out to the local Saturday night street races. Went to the 1st hang out where all the Mustangs hung out. Got crazy looks, no one knows about the IS. It was time for everyone to head to the central hangout so everyone started moving. I ended up at the light surrounded by 6 Mustangs old and new. Alota messing around and Jocking around and I ended up at a light with 2 Mustangs a stock 4.6 GT and a modded 89 5.0 LX. light changed and we took off, left them both wondern what the fuck jus happen. Next light 2 different Wustangs lined up smoked them too. I was feelin soo good then at the next light a 2012 5.0 on my left and a 2012 Maxima on my right. On green me and the Maxima left the Mustang at the light 2nd gear Mustangs coming and Maximas at my door. 3rd Mustangs passing me and Maxima faded away.when we got to the next hangout the group I raced all parked around me started asking about my car. Word got around the parking lot about the little white Lexus I ended up racing a C5 a couple Acuras an Evo Im guessing they were all stock because I beat em . Also Ran against a Audi AS and a Camaro SS And got caught at the end. Iam very surprised at how quick the IS is gonna add a nitrous shot here in the next week or two and head back out and see what happens..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is your car currently stock? Street racing is dangerous lol
JoeZ pipe and K&N filter. It's dangerous if someone don't know how to drive.. I was so anxious to get in there lastnight and show what I got that when we were at a light I was behind a 4.6 when the light turned green I sat there and I let him get 2 cars ahead and I took off smoken tires and got on his bumper and hit the brakes...then frm the corner gas station a spot light flashes me.. There were a couple cops sitting there talking.. Damn I thought they were gonna come for me I was sweatn it... Lucky they didn't..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
JoeZ pipe and K&N filter. It's dangerous if someone don't know how to drive.. I was so anxious to get in there lastnight and show what I got that when we were at a light I was behind a 4.6 when the light turned green I sat there and I let him get 2 cars ahead and I took off smoken tires and got on his bumper and hit the brakes...then frm the corner gas station a spot light flashes me.. There were a couple cops sitting there talking.. Damn I thought they were gonna come for me I was sweatn it... Lucky they didn't..
A little contradictory dont you think?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
It's dangerous if someone don't know how to drive.
This is a stupid statement. Street racing has a lot of variables that cannot be associated with skill of the driver.

If it's not a controlled environment like a track, it's dangerous. Your driving skills cannot predict oncoming car from a blind spot or pedestrian walking at night.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Street racing is .... Well its just dangerous for yourself and other around no matter which way you put it. But watever floats your boat i guess.

Down here in fl they are cracking down on that stuff real bad.

Angel

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cali is pretty bad for street racing too, cops pulling anyone who races. But apparently in the area I live in, we can cruise, but can't race. Everyone knows that no one is going to cruise but somehow it's allowed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cali is pretty bad for street racing too, cops pulling anyone who races. But apparently in the area I live in, we can cruise, but can't race. Everyone knows that no one is going to cruise but somehow it's allowed.
lol...reminds me of mn, every block along university ave is a crew. pretty cool to go check out all the cars but gets repetative every week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts