Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 / Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! First of all I just picked up my IS300 today and I'm already completely hooked. Thing is, I bought a wrecked one, and was hoping to get some insight on how costly the repair is going to be. Let me also say that I only paid $700 with 116k on the clock, so even if the repairs are wildly expensive, I could ultimately just part it out and make my money back so oh well. Anyway the driver side doors are damaged, as well as the rear quarter, rocker, and dog leg. In short I'm wondering how much it might run me to repair all of the junk (i've heard around 2-3k). I'm hoping someone on here has dealt with something similar to this and can offer some insight, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Oh, also, if anyone knows how to get a drivers side door to open with both handles not working, that would be greatly appreciated as well lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 / Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2-3k is fair. If you live in the Sacramento area in California there was a guy selling a couple Grey quarter on Craigslist for that side.
Took it to a couple of shops and the average quote was around 8k lmao :oops: I ended up selling the car to one of my buddies for parts unfortunately. I'm on the hunt for a new one, but yeah after hearing the cost to repair everthing I pretty much just said, damn, gotta get rid of it tbh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts