Lexus IS Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1009 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
How much power are you making and how’s your traction? I have 265 40/17 in the rear and 245/40/17 in the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my car doesn't make a ton of power it made 343 whp on the first setup and it its pretty hard to break the rear loose especially when its warm out those direzza z2 are sticky they handle good on the back roads as well the front will push a bit but thats because of the compound difference from front to rear. only down side and well thats any r compound tire take it easy when the tires are cold (no temp ) in the the tire

im not gonna run them on my new setup switching over to falken but id imagine the dunlops should handle decent power okay 400 -500 whp

·
Registered
369 Posts
my car doesn't make a ton of power it made 343 whp on the first setup and it its pretty hard to break the rear loose especially when its warm out those direzza z2 are sticky they handle good on the back roads as well the front will push a bit but thats because of the compound difference from front to rear. only down side and well thats any r compound tire take it easy when the tires are cold (no temp ) in the the tire

im not gonna run them on my new setup switching over to falken but id imagine the dunlops should handle decent power okay 400 -500 whp

Nice, I have z2s as well was gonna see if I should switch over for when I swap. I think im going to switch to advan ad08r n try to run 255 all around or something still figuring it out

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice, I have z2s as well was gonna see if I should switch over for when I swap. I think im going to switch to advan ad08r n try to run 255 all around or something still figuring it out

ya only reason im switching over is because the dunlops run tall and wider than what they are rated and i wanna run r compound up front but thats not gonna happen with those tires

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you're looking for a cheap very sticky tire I would recommend some zestino gredge 07r tires. They're like $135 for the "hard" version in 265/35/18 and I get insane traction when it's warm. I think they're 200 treadwear rated. I haven't tried them as a front tire but I'd imagine they work just fine.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm glad you kept it. Another well put together is300 on the road is always a good thing. Its a shame when they get the low and slow treatment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Finally got it back from the painters

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
As the years go by, I baby it more and dont drive it as much...LOL
Only 122k miles currently

Attachments

981 - 1000 of 1009 Posts
About this Discussion
1K Replies
595 Participants
Arzon
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing