Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car details.
2003 5spd, NA-T, tuned with Haltech sprint 500.
car has been running smooth as can be for the last 2000+ miles with not a single issue until this.

On a cold morning about a month ago i tried to start it and the battery was struggling and wouldn't turn over. Didn't think to much of it and figured it was the battery and cold weather. Later that week it warmed up and i thew some jumper cables on it and it still wouldn't turn over. I put the code reader on it and i had a code P0340 (Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction ), codes related to not having O2 sensors(not running them with the Haltech), and another code that i can't recall related to the TPS.
After resetting the code reader, i was only getting P0340 when trying to start.

This past weekend i replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor (CPS) and it still wouldn't turn over and i am still getting P0340. This wasn't as easy as i thought and required the removal of the entire intake manifold to replace.

My next step is to start checking wires more thoroughly than i have already done. is there an easy way to check this with a multimeter? What are the two wires going into the sensor? is one a signal wire and one power?

If all the wires look good, what would be my next step after this?

The wiring for the Haltech is spliced into the CPS wire at the ECU but it is a clean, soldered connection.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts