Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals...

Back in my Project Del Sol days, I was a member of their teams. The So Cal group throws a yearly Vegas trip every April. People from Washington through Texas drove in for it. Folks generally drive together. The weather is amazing!

Last year we had about 25 or so modified Del Sols driving up I-15N together.

The first day (Friday) is drive in, check in, and a car show at Sonic (drive in burger joint) that night. Do whatever after. The next day they all drive up to some mountains to drive some real nice windy roads! An absolute blast! That's the last planned event. People go out Saturday night, and generally come home Sunday.

Most have stayed at the Tropicana (who has been willing to give group rates), from memory like $55 a night or so.

Anyway I think this would be a blast, and we could definitely shoot for early February! How many people are game? I will go!

John

·
Registered
670 Posts
Isn't is300soon already did or doing this every year?

I thoguht Trip to Vegas already happened twice..... but it's cool...

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
sounds good to me. the luxor does group rates as well. this is where the supra group does their "supras invade vegas" meet for the past 2 years i believe.

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
Im down as always!

But just to be honest 2 years now over 15 people commit to going and 4 show!

BOOOOOOO

I do mine every november and get my people in Sema!

David

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
LEXUSPOWERED said:
I might not be 21 but my id sure says i am....i'm def in
you going to drive there?
david

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- my car is too low for some of the roads :whine:

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
ur not too low to get to Vegas, but u might be too low to get into some Hotel lots. I kno im 2.5 dropped and have issues at some hotels

I already got my room for Sema 04

David

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Frydryce said:
sounds good to me. the luxor does group rates as well. this is where the supra group does their "supras invade vegas" meet for the past 2 years i believe.
Imagine 14 more IS's and this picture would be so cool.

Anyway put me down. a good percent of my 30K miles is from going to Vegas.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
the only sucky thing is in order to get that many cars, we probably won't be carpooling! :roll: i guess a few extra miles here & there won't hurt... :wink:

hey, anyone want to play that chinese fire drill with each others' cars along the way?! :crazy: j/k... :lol:

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
thedon said:
Frydryce said:
Imagine 14 more IS's and this picture would be so cool.

Anyway put me down. a good percent of my 30K miles is from going to Vegas.
i agree with the pic.. still remember the ones from the big supra meet in that same lot

btw wtf is the chinese fireman drill?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
ah, i was just kidding. it's that dumb game where (when the car is stopped, obviously) you jump out & switch seats (usually, you play with more than 1 car)

...but since we're driving so many cars, i thought it'd be crazy if we all stopped, ran out and switched cars for awhile... :lol: okay, not so funny. :roll: my bad...

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
lex7017 said:
dut said:
- my car is too low for some of the roads :whine:
BS i driven to veags in my car, no problem. SEMA every year
- VEGAS would probably be okay, but not on the way up there..
- I just went up there last week and STUDIED the roads on the way up there... my car would get fucked, not the body but my struts would get fucked from bottoming out too much...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.