Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jzs171 1jz swapped into my is300. I recently ran out of gas when my gauge was displaying 1/4 of a tank. I am running an Aristo Hanger with the stock is300 float. Which I thought was how you solve the inaccurate gauge issue? I doubt this matters but I am running a AEM 50-1000

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a jzs171 1jz swapped into my is300. I recently ran out of gas when my gauge was displaying 1/4 of a tank. I am running an Aristo Hanger with the stock is300 float. Which I thought was how you solve the inaccurate gauge issue? I doubt this matters but I am running a AEM 50-1000
I had the same issue few weeks back (ended up fueling 15.8 gallons at the 1/4 mark), then last week I had half a tank while cruising then i looked up and down and it dropped to 1/4 tank like I lost some gas while driving ( I wasn't even boosting). Filled up since I got scared thinking I was having the same issue and I ended up fueling only 14 gallons at the same 1/4 tank mark.

Btw the first time it happened the car would run lean if I barely tried to get on the gas luckily I was close to a gas station. Second time car was running fine, no lean or weird driveability issues.

I was thinking if I have the same issue happen again I'm going to take the pump out and mess with the float.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue few weeks back (ended up fueling 15.8 gallons at the 1/4 mark), then last week I had half a tank while cruising then i looked up and down and it dropped to 1/4 tank like I lost some gas while driving ( I wasn't even boosting). Filled up since I got scared thinking I was having the same issue and I ended up fueling only 14 gallons at the same 1/4 tank mark.

Btw the first time it happened the car would run lean if I barely tried to get on the gas luckily I was close to a gas station. Second time car was running fine, no lean or weird driveability issues.

I was thinking if I have the same issue happen again I'm going to take the pump out and mess with the float.
Please keep me posted and im still having this issue. Ive just been treating the 1/4 mark as empty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts