Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a automatic 2002 TOYOTA ALTEZZA BEAMS 2000 1G-FE engine and I have just bought it and done new oil and filter and coolant flush but is now idle is starting to play up and over reving when in park and cutting out when in D or R, any help would be great??
Been told to check 02 sensor and clean throttle body anyone having these issues??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t done anything else and haven’t gotten anyone over to look at it no codes or nothing I’m no mechanic and don’t know much about cars.
Still drives fine just cuts out due to low revs when in traffic or when coming to a full stop.
I’m checking the 02 sensor now .
Should I just get a mechanic in or ???
Any help is good??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m just checking all online stuff mainly google and you tube just trying anything I can do myself before getting a mechanic in please anyone with tips or any advice??

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The problem is if you are not mechanically incline. There is not much I can tell you to do. There are certain things you must do to find out the problem.

Sp that being said. For you. Take it to someone. It may or may not be a simple part or issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay it’s not rocket science though.
I can still do whatever is possible with the tools I have if the right advice is given.
But thanks for your advice mate great work .!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is if you are not mechanically incline. There is not much I can tell you to do. There are certain things you must do to find out the problem.

Sp that being said. For you. Take it to someone. It may or may not be a simple part or issue.
Great advice mate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else with advice other than to tell me to get s mechanic in will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
The 1G doesnt have fly by wire or MAF like the 2J so wont be the usual IS300 issues. Did you pull the spark plugs out for a clean? Any chance you messed around and havent got a plug back on correctly? Being a 6 cyl it can sometimes run on 5 cyl but splutter out at low revs. Or any other electrical connector you have undone or bumped when moving around under the bonnet.

It could be an o2 sensor as mentioned, usually it will throw a code to tell you but from my experience it can be a while between it playing up and the code coming up. You could try resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 15-30 minutes, it will need to relearn the fuel maps so might run a bit strange the first time it warms up but might clear the issue in the process, or it might force the ecu to find the fault and show the code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts