Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on a 19x8 you can go 225/35-19, but how about a 19x9.5? People are doing 245/35-19. Isnt that too narrow of a tire? Could you do a 255 or 265 even. Car is going to be lowered so the tires are tucked. Recommendations?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I own a C5 Corvette and it's rears are 18x9.5 and wear a 275/45/18 tire. So you could go 265. Heck I wouldn't stretch a 245 on there for my life. Just my opinion.

Just go to a tire shop. They can actually look at the car and tell you how wide you might be able to go. If you want a skinnier tire, get a smaller rim width. Maybe 8.5" instead. Still a nice tread width :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
tires

hey whats up bro

i feel what your goin through and after a motnh of looking here is what i got on mine

i have a 8.5 on the front and 9.5 in the rear

i have 225-35-19 on the front and 265-30-19 for the rear i talked for weeks at the guys at toyo and they said if i get a thicker tire for the rear that it will throw off the odometer and speedomter a lil bit

sp thas my 2 cents i hope it helps u out

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Lexus84.... a 30 series on the rear? That's crazy. Wow man! Wow! That thing must be like a pancake on the wheel. Bet it looks great though :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
tires

its ok , i had a 35 series on my old rims

but i dont drive the car daily so its not to bad and i am usually on the highway with it so its not to bad there and where i live they just repaved everywhere

·
Registered
474 Posts
Its gonna depend on the offset of the rims. I have 275/30 in the rear, only requires shaving a little for clearance. Most people are doing 245's because going wider will most likely require shave, or rolled fenders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.