Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that is how the rims look like. They are not american chrome. They japanese chrome. Dont know the real difference but i know its different. My email address is: [email protected]

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
i dont know exact difference either. but through speculation, american chrome rims do not look as sharp (laser cut), like japanese rims...im not saying it is actually laser cut, but the finish looks very sharp, in comparison to american rims.

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Black300:
How heavy are those chrome things...? You do realize that the less rotating mass the faster you could go...
Not sure.... but they are pretty heavy. They not no racing rims FO SHO!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a set of 18" Japenese chrome wheels on my 97 Cobra and they are not as heavy as an American chromed wheel. Because the Japanese chrome wheel is only on the outside of the wheel (look closely at the pic...you can see the silver painted part of the wheel in the back half).

Hope this helps.
Steve-white IS

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by OPENWIDE:
I have a set of 18" Japenese chrome wheels on my 97 Cobra and they are not as heavy as an American chromed wheel. Because the Japanese chrome wheel is only on the outside of the wheel (look closely at the pic...you can see the silver painted part of the wheel in the back half).

Hope this helps.
Steve-white IS
first of all why put japspec wheels on your mustang...if i saw you i would call you a fool...second of all, those wheels pictured above are not even a real chrome wheel they are alloy with what this particular company calls diamond cote it is shinier and a little darker than chrome is, as to make them look nice on luxury cars...just out of curiostiy where do you get all of this bullsh1t info from?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by IH8Mustangs:
first of all why put japspec wheels on your mustang...if i saw you i would call you a fool...second of all, those wheels pictured above are not even a real chrome wheel they are alloy with what this particular company calls diamond cote it is shinier and a little darker than chrome is, as to make them look nice on luxury cars...just out of curiostiy where do you get all of this bullsh1t info from?

Dude, Openwide has contributed nicely to the forum - you on the other hand? Ease up with the 'tude, k?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts