Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find part numbers. Read a few dozen posts about installing other things or even a few with the Japanese packaging instructions. Part number questions mostly ignored.

There's a few lists of part numbers floating around but this isn't on it. Someone, somewhere, has that old discontinued part number that lexus and Toyota seem to forget about.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
This one

Rectangle Font Musical instrument accessory Sleeve Fashion accessory

Those things, people want stupid money for. Like $1000. And you still have to put your key in the column, right? I see them on the FB 2JZ and IS/GS/SC pages occasionally. I stole that pic off eBay, they want 1500$. 08184-53010

@Leshii413 do you think Toyota has some squirreled away on a shelf? I’ve seen that happen before. John Deere is like that. Have some obsolete but valuable part sitting on a shelf but no one knows because no one knows the PN. Find the PN, run a scan, and there’s like 5 left in the world for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive never heard of or seen an Altezza with a factory push start button... not that it means much
I saw two with them while in Okinawa and Tokyo.

Later I learned their rarity.

With the pn he gave above mixed with searching in Japanese sale sites I located the buttons. Soon as I get a reply from those that live there for the Japan commerce part number ill post here..

Besides having them installed in my is300s, I plan to reproduce them as well as other discontinued items hopefully for original retail price or below to Dave our species.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ive never heard of or seen an Altezza with a factory push start button
I dunno if any came stock with it…I always thought it was an aftermarket option from Toyota. It’s kind of inelegant because you still need to have the key in the column. Its cool, I’m not hating, but just not my jam for that kind of money. That’ll be cool if @Leshii413 can repop them. I like the feature on my wife’s NX200T. I still fumble for keys though, and you do not need them in the column, just on your body.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dunno if any came stock with it…I always thought it was an aftermarket option from Toyota. It’s kind of inelegant because you still need to have the key in the column. Its cool, I’m not hating, but just not my jam for that kind of money. That’ll be cool if @Leshii413 can repop them. I like the feature on my wife’s NX200T. I still fumble for keys though, and you do not need them in the column, just on your body.
a buddy local to me did a different kit made for a newer BRZ so he has push to start on a fob. aka remote start. doesn't need the key at all unless he chooses to do it the ole way.

My inspiration is to get the original back and available for those that want it but to create an easy to replicate kit to also make it just need the key within a very short range like other FOBS do while maintaining the originality

My only short coming will be if its successful, mass production as of right now, the 3d printing capabilities I have are limited

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
advancekeys dot com has true full keyless ignition fobs
That site doesn't look to be legitimate.
I knew somebody made one like that. That’s a nice option for sure. I’d seen old threads here with that exact kit. I’ve never looked into it, being manual transmission. I don’t think remote start and MT are mutually inclusive.
The wife is working on a kit for manuals. It's designing stage. point of it is car must be in neutral with E brake pulled with two sensors to verify it is pulled to enable auto start. The hard part is going off of online data and occasional friends car testing.

It works well with his car but the box it's housed in is almost a 8 inches Sq

Also If anyone reading this has anything to Input being you've designed things on cad, solid works, sketchup etc feel free to post. I'd love the input.

So if anyone reading this attends or hosts intersection takeovers. Hope your license is suspended :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
@Leshii413 sorry i messed up the site address it's Advanced Keys

i bought their kit from them in 2012, although i don't know their legitimacy now adays, but the kit i got from them was very nice, i installed it in a scion xa manual. it came with a factory OEM part Lexus keyless ignition button, 2 battery powered kinda thick key cards for the wallet, and even auto windows (all windows) closer module for extra $20
here's the only pictures i can scrounge up of my old little favorite car when i posted it for sale back in the day
Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant Fixture

Font Technology Electronic device Pattern Paper

they even came with 2 RFID backup keys if the battery card is dead
the best feature is the walk away auto lock of the doors and auto roll up of all the windows.
the auto lock and unlock is activated when you're within 2 to 3 yards or walking away, it's a work around because on real keyless ignition cars there's a lock button and unlock pad on the inside of handles, so advance keys just use a increased key sensor range. had to destroy the old key ignition tumbler for true keyless operation, also if your car ecu has immobilizer you will need to open your key and dig out the key chip to glue in place near factory immobilizer sensor

edit: oh wow they come with actual real key fob with buttons now. their site does look like they went out of business, the forums are no longer hosted.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
So if anyone reading this attends or hosts intersection takeovers. Hope your license is suspended :)
That would get your ass shot right quick here in Oklahoma. You assume everybody is packing, because, well everybody is packing. We are kind of like The Mandalorian, in that weapons are part of our religion 🤣 Nah, people don’t really do hyfy stuff here. The occasional Hellcat or Mustang gets busted doing 150 on the highway is about as wild as we get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts