Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jeep has been in the family for almost 18 years now and running strong. I still remember riding in it to kindergarten and taking my girl out to do groceries. My daughter loves this truck more than my car. She likes that its loud, rides bumpy, and can be quick. 3 generations and i couldnt think of sellin this rig so might aswell make it look good one more time. Back in its day it turned heads and got lots of compliments. Jeep junkies always ask about it and show some love

Its a 1994 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L high output Inline 6 4WD. Its got bags of torque. Made of good ol american metal. its f'n heavy but its showed its worth when it was hit from the side onto the rear diver side panel and drove away with a minor dent. other car was totaled and front end smashed in.

Mods:
Suspension-
Rancho 2.5' lift
(forgot brand) Front arms

Exhaust-
Magnaflow exhaust
Flowmaster catalytic converter

exterior-
Painted trim silver. came factory black and bland.
Side step. I reccomend anyone with an suv or truck to get these. it helps protect against accidents. when coming from the side.

This rig is sentimental to me remembering my dad and I worked on it together. Putting the lift on ourselves in our driveway. driving around looking for new parts. Back then i thought it was boring but looking back on it I see it as where my roots began in the auto world.

Plans- TO GO LOW AND HELLAFLUSH. lol jk but would be interesting to see.

Nah but jokes aside i want to replace the lift with something a bit more beefy. Bigger tires. Bigger wheels (stick out a bit more). repaint and refurbish interior. beef up the motor. and redo the electronics. it has been failing here the there.

here are the pics. Will try to find old pics and post them aswell

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
I still want one for a winter vehicle, can't kill those.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Here was mine. Not bragging, but one of the best looking Cherokees I have ever seen and have yet to find another one like it. 1999 black Cherokee Sport 4X4. Completely stock other than 3" Skyjacker lift, step bars, and 31x10.50 15 inch BFGoodrich Mud-Terrains.

and had to throw this pic in lol...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA im surprised theres alot of fellow jeep people on here. both rigs look clean! What kind of lift do both of you run? looking out for new setup.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Mine had a 3 inch Skyjacker lift!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just thought I'd post mine and give it a whirl. Mostly stock:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm part of the bandwagon too, not that I don't enjoy a rwd lexus with snow tires and a LSD in the snow; but the IS is just not well suited for running up to Vermont for snowboarding trips, nor is it great at transporting mountain bikes. Props to all the XJ peoples in the IS forum.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
liking everything. Lately found out my 4wd is not engaging. transfer case mustve aged itself into retirement. So im gonna have to get that checked aswell as both axles just to cover all drive train bases. Want to revive this rig before winter 2013. New lift or either beefier shocks will be a definite need....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts