Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad bought this car back in '98 and drove it ever since. The car died in '04 ish. With the small amount of money I had, I bought a used F22B1 again and my dad's buddy got the motor in after a few weeks. Then in '05, he gave it to me. I started modding it and what not.

Then right after my graduation of '05, I got myself an IS300 5spd. Drove that for almost a year and totalled it. Went back to the Accord and started to work on it again and what not. In '08, I decided to buy another used low mileage F22B1. I didn't just drop that motor in right away; I had parts ordered up for it while it's semi apart. I ordered Bisi Level 2 VTEC cam, F23A1 IM, Skunk2 cam gear, I/H/E tuned on Hondata S100 P28 chip ECU. The ECU was tuned for my setup in Cali while I'm in MN, so I never really have the chance to strap it onto the roller to see how much power it really puts out. But we guesstimated that it puts out 140whp though. It took me almost two months to complete the engine and drop it in(during winter). After that swap, I wanted more power out of my Accord. With that being said, I scratched out what I had and ordered myself a JDM H22A.

So I did the JDM H22A swap using my old F22 5spd trans. Car was too slow with the long gears, and I went with a JDM F20B Blue Top T2T4 LSD trans. Now, the car pulls alot faster with shorter gears. I built the head during the summer of 2010 and had it tuned by FullBlown here in MN, and it made 187whp. I knew something wasn't right. LJ said my car needs a Skunk2 IM which I doubt it, and so I went ahead and bought myself the Hytech Replica Header with a 2.5" collector to replace the crappy Egay header I had on there. So, I went to MAPerformance this time to get it tuned, and it made 200whp/156wtq on the dynojet which I was really happy cause that was my goal.

Just couple weeks ago, I installed the modified Euro R IM on my H22. Bought it from Rosko for $645.00 with all custom EGR plates and what not to make the installation a breeze. With this IM, I'm hoping for 208-210whp tuned on my next dyno&tune session.

Here's my setup!

*Engine Mods*
-'96 JDM H22A Engine w/ T2T4 LSD 5spd Trans
-Skunk2 Pro Series cam gears(+3*E,-1*I)
-Skunk2 Pro Series Stage 2 cams
-Skunk2 Pro Series valve springs + spring base kit
-Skunk2 Retainers
-Skunk2 68mm Throttle Body
-Rosko's Euro R IM
-Rosko's Thermal IM gasket
-Rosko's Thermal 69mm TB gasket
-Rosko's EGR valve block-off plate(EGR Delete)
-VHT Wrinkle Red DIY
-Valve cover cam gear side cut
-Hasport Billet Aluminum LH mount
-Hytech Replica Header
-Ebay 3" Intake Piping
-2.5" Hi-Flow Cat Converter
-New OEM Honda valve seals
-New OEM Honda Headgasket
-H23 Manual Tensioner Conv.
-NGK Iridium Plugs
-2.5" custom piping exhaust
-Apexi WS2 muffler
-Walbro 190lph fuel pump

*Drive Train*
-Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch kit
-Fidanza 8lbs Flywheel
-Pspec Short Shifter w/ Leather Boots

*Exterior Mods*
-JDM Intersection Lights
-DNA Gold Rear Lower Tie-Bar
-EDM Rear Fog
-JDM Visors
-Depo JDM Style Blackhousing Headlights
-VIS Carbon Fiber Hood w/ Hood Pins(Red)
-Mugen Replica Grill
-Mugen Replica Flushmount Spoiler
-92-00' Civic Bulb Socket Mod(Front Bumper Turn Signal Lights On)
-JDM CD6 Clear Sidemarkers
-Japan Stanley Front Bumper Lights(Amber)
-JDM Yellow Stanley Fog Lights
-JDM Rear Door Garnish
-Custom Front Plate Mount

*Interior Mods*
-NRG Short Hub
-NRG Gen 2.5 Quick Release Kit
-Titanium Type R Replica Shift Knob
-JDM Style w/ Red Stitch Steering Wheel
-Genuine Stanley Fog Light Switch

*Suspension*
-16' Rota C8 Sports Bronze(Kumho Ecsta 205/50/R16)
-Tein S Tech Springs(1.5/1.2)
-Front Ingalls Anchor Bolts camber kit
-Rear Ingalls camber kit
-Blue Tokico HPs
-Tanabe Sway Bar (Front/Rear)
-Strut Bar (Front/Rear)

Sneak Peek clip:

Quick vid of the car:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Looks good man. Reminds me of my CD6.... Boy do I miss that car :(. A lot of people sleep on the F20 motor. My friend had one in his civic, he could rev that shit to 9k all day without any issues. Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good man. Reminds me of my CD6.... Boy do I miss that car :(. A lot of people sleep on the F20 motor. My friend had one in his civic, he could rev that shit to 9k all day without any issues. Good luck with the build.
Thanks man. Yeah, the JDM F20B will rev higher than the H22s since it's a destroke engine. But downside to that engine is that it's limited to modifications, and it uses B-Series valves(smaller than H22s).

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Not my cup of tea but i always commend good builds...

Id either paint hood to match or paint the roof to match hood ?!?! and I say no to red hood pins.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
How I know you would be in here?? lol :p

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not my cup of tea but i always commend good builds...

Id either paint hood to match or paint the roof to match hood ?!?! and I say no to red hood pins.
I like it where you can see the CF. I rather keep it one color and have a CF hood. Painting the roof to match was never my thing. Red Lug Nutz goes well my the hood pin. ;)

But hey, everyone's got their own preferences.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
By all means just throwing opinions out there , keep up the good work!

·
Banned
118 Posts
My boy got one.. H2B soon! F22 / GSR tranny w/ LSD. His shit moves with a H23 as it is... He claims the accord game out here in southwestern CT but your accord got more work by far.

He's thinking about taking gears 1-3 from the GSR and mating it with gears 4-5 from the SI for gas mileage. If you ever drove a GSR, you'll notice yourself hitting 4k RPMs in the 5th gear only cruising at around 60 MPH.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My boy got one.. H2B soon! F22 / GSR tranny w/ LSD. His shit moves with a H23 as it is... He claims the accord game out here in southwestern CT but your accord got more work by far.

He's thinking about taking gears 1-3 from the GSR and mating it with gears 4-5 from the SI for gas mileage. If you ever drove a GSR, you'll notice yourself hitting 4k RPMs in the 5th gear only cruising at around 60 MPH.
Nice. Is he gonna do the H2B in his Accord chasis? If so, it's not gonna work because no one has made a H2B kit for the Accord/Prelude.

My bro has a JDM GSR w/LSD that we swapped into his EK Hatch. And he's at 4K RPM doing 80mph and same goes with my H22 Accord that has the T2T4 F20B LSD trans.

Looks cool.
Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great job reviving the old Accord, I'm sure the H22 turned that into an entirely different car compared to before with the F22. Nice work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great job reviving the old Accord, I'm sure the H22 turned that into an entirely different car compared to before with the F22. Nice work.
Thanks man. Haven't been on here lately.

Though, I did got my car retuned @ DB Performance on a Dyno Dynamic:

Before & After:

AFR; before & after:

·
Banned
113 Posts
Beautiful car and nice build. I know i'd probably get flamed for this, but you thought about perhaps changing the style of the wheels? For some reason, just for me, i think it would add that little bit extra to that work of art.

·
Registered
75 Posts
very solid numbers. stock bottom end, right?

I put a Euro R h22 h2B into my buddy's ek with b16 tranny, ssr/dtr header, rasko goodies and that car was a beast.

·
Registered
542 Posts
nusdogg,

Loving that Accord. I still have a '95 that is identical to yours sitting around waiting for love. Same paint color, EX, 5 speed with the F22B1. I have wanted to do the H22 swap since I owned it. Glad to see people still have love for the Accord. Many people underestimate how much fun they can be. Have seriously considered modding the old Honda instead of the IS300. I bet it would be cheaper and end up faster lol!!!

Glad to know the standard gears are too short if you stay NA. Only difference in build routes is that (1) you actually did it and (2) I wanted to slap a disco potato (GTR28) turbo on it and shoot for ~250-300 whp. If one was to do the swap and add some boost, do you think the stock gears would still be too long? Assuming the transmission could hold up....

Good work!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts